The mkiv Supra Owners Club

you have got to be fu*king kidding

TRD-Rob

OK I dont get it people complain that Supra prices are dropping yet when someone puts a car up for sale for a little more than the OTHER cars (not saying its overpriced) people still complain. If everyone put their cars up by say 2-3k more the people who want a supra will have to pay that price and thus supra prices will go up and only the hardcore owners could afford it and it will save cars from the chav scum of the world............and breath.

OK I dont get it people complain that Supra prices are dropping yet when someone puts a car up for sale for a little more than the OTHER cars (not saying its overpriced) people still complain. If everyone put their cars up by say 2-3k more the people who want a supra will have to pay that price and thus supra prices will go up and only the hardcore owners could afford it and it will save cars from the chav scum of the world............and breath.
That wins my post of the day award!

:trophy:

IMO a cars got to be worth what someones prepared to pay for it.

i've sold a couple of cars for well over the "book" value as I

1) priced it up for well over what i expected to get (was cheeky).

2) made the car look as immaculate as I could (cheap to do).

3) sold it ie. put in added value stuff (bit of thought).

We sold a used Gleneagles MX5 for over 2K over the book price as the buyer fell in love with the Mazda tartan hats & scarf, the tartan covered owners book and the posh leather covered folder with every receipt / picture etc I could find in it.

He knew he could by cheaper but he wanted ours as it was "loved" and looked after - plus it smelt nice (£1.50 Halfrauds).

If you don't ask - you don't get !

Good luck to him...

G

As with most things, supply and demand will determine the price of a second hand Supe.

I have a 1997 N/A Facelift Manual J Spec with 84,000 miles and going by some of the comments made by members on this forum, I would be lucky to get £4500 for it.

Of course, if I owned a TT, it would be worth four or five times as much (so some TT owners think).

However; it is not whether the car is N/A or TT that will determine the price but the availability of the car.

I am sure that with the majority of owners on this forum being from the UK, the supply of Supe's outweighs the demand and therefore unless every single owner in the UK raises the sale price of their car, the price will ramain static/decrease.

However; my case is somewhat different. Due to the fact that I live on a small island with a population of 85,000 demand outweighs supply for Supe's. With only 6 Supe's on the island, the price for such a car is exagerated compared to the UK.

People over here actually prefer N/A to TT as they don't see the point of having a TT on such a small island.

I recently advertised my car on a local classifieds website and stated I was open to offers and was overjoyed with the response.

For your information, I purchased my car for £7k... Yes you read it right £7,000 and I have owned it for 4 months.

However; since driving it around and getting the car admired by everyone that sees it, I have been offered over £10k for the car.

Yup, £10k for a N/A.

I am not selling the car as it took me long enough to get it over here and through local authorities however; it displays that supply and demand is the key element and not the difference between N/A and TT.

It is about time that the N/A prices stopped getting a slating. If the guy wants to advertise his car for a price you think is over-priced, so what...

The price for a UK Supe will continue to fall if the price advertised gets a slating every time.

Come on guys... We are meant to be sticking up for one another here. At least support the bloke with his sale.

Extremely long rant over with now... :p

As with most things, supply and demand will determine the price of a second hand Supe.

I have a 1997 N/A Facelift Manual J Spec with 84,000 miles and going by some of the comments made by members on this forum, I would be lucky to get £4500 for it.

Of course, if I owned a TT, it would be worth four or five times as much (so some TT owners think).

However; it is not whether the car is N/A or TT that will determine the price but the availability of the car.

I am sure that with the majority of owners on this forum being from the UK, the supply of Supe's outweighs the demand and therefore unless every single owner in the UK raises the sale price of their car, the price will ramain static/decrease.

However; my case is somewhat different. Due to the fact that I live on a small island with a population of 85,000 demand outweighs supply for Supe's. With only 6 Supe's on the island, the price for such a car is exagerated compared to the UK.

People over here actually prefer N/A to TT as they don't see the point of having a TT on such a small island.

I recently advertised my car on a local classifieds website and stated I was open to offers and was overjoyed with the response.

For your information, I purchased my car for £7k... Yes you read it right £7,000 and I have owned it for 4 months.

However; since driving it around and getting the car admired by everyone that sees it, I have been offered over £10k for the car.

Yup, £10k for a N/A.

I am not selling the car as it took me long enough to get it over here and through local authorities however; it displays that supply and demand is the key element and not the difference between N/A and TT.

It is about time that the N/A prices stopped getting a slating. If the guy wants to advertise his car for a price you think is over-priced, so what...

The price for a UK Supe will continue to fall if the price advertised gets a slating every time.

Come on guys... We are meant to be sticking up for one another here. At least support the bloke with his sale.

Extremely long rant over with now... :p

Good points - but unless the car in question is for sale in an area where demand exceeds supply it's not really that relevant. I'd love my 97 NA to be worth over £10K. However - it's not, no matter how many people would support me if I advertised it at that price.

:clap:

P.s ive found over the last year, that the prices of surpas are all over the place, i really cant think of a price that you can say, yep thats what a TT is worth and thats what an N/a etc is worth beacuse the differance in price between advert to advert varies so much.

I think at the end of the day it depends on how nice your supra is and how much people want it. if your supra is immaculate with nice wheels say then it could be worth any amount above a norm price but if its got even the slightest of imperfections, regardless of how cheap it would be to sort out, then i think people are extremely put off and therefore your car may be worth a lot less

What are you lot mumbling on about its a n/a for 12.5k, its a joke.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=610078

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=738246

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=759331 (dunno why he did that to the windows)

And we have much higher import taxes in Ireland.

I TOTALLY AGREE

top post. i dont think i will even post mine for sale on here when the time comes cos in 2 years time i will have to pay someone a grand to take it away. if you get a TT for £4000 well done, dont mean every other TT is worth that. no wonder prices are dropping.