The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra damage/repairable

Guest ChrisK

I'm looking into buying a supra tt. Mechanically it has to be running sound but bodywork wise it can be a dog/accident damage (cat c/d).

Wheres the best place to look? I've had a gander on ebay but nothing of interest. I couldn't find a dedicated section on this site for breaking/damaged repairables.

A lot of people who smack up their supras and get written off would usually be able to buy them back dirt cheap from their insurance company. Has anyone off here done this?

Guest CoolsBlue

i had a cat d supra. and the front hard a pretty hard hit, rails needed to be jigged out, and the chassis legs. slam panel was desteroyed but if you repair for a living should not be hard for you at all...just if you decide to sell dont expect to get much for it...

My old TT Supra was a write off cat d. A guy who is on here, chris b's brother bought the car for £2.5k and put it back on the road. He might be a good person to contact in regards to getting hold of accident damaged cars.

TBH I wouldnt have really wanted my car back after the smash..