The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need some Jap TT info

Guest jimbo_tt

Guest jimbo_tt

Hi all:)

My first post here and I'm after a bit of advice..

On a Jap spec twin turbo what boost are the turbo's capable of running? Are they like the skyline ones where 1bar is max with the ceramic wheel etc?

I'm sure I read somewhere years ago the UK ones had steel internal blowers and jap ceramic. Is this true?

Anyone got any thoughts on this car?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-WHITE-3L-TWIN-TURBO-2JZ-ENGINE_W0QQitemZ270161773802QQihZ017QQcategoryZ18290QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The turbos can run 1.2-1.25 bar quite happily. Any more than that and you will be running them out of their efficiency range and they will make more heat than extra power. This applies to both UK and J-spec turbos.

The ebay car looks alright if you don't mind white ones. I see it's been worked on by Future Motorsport, who are banned from here. (Used to be an authorised trader on here)

The front bumper is not a GReddy item as claimed, it's a Bomex one.

Guest jimbo_tt

So running them at 1.4bar isn't a good idea then (as in the ebay one) Do the physics of the turbo actually suffer from the extra heat like the GTR skyline? ie does the exhaust wheel come off?

I actually like the white, I've never been 100% into supras but allways wanted to try one. I saw this one in white and thought it'd look very nice on a set of gunmetal or bronze jap wheels.

Can one ask why future motorsport were banned? :D