The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Grip!!! (and muchos noise)

Animal

Yay, my ban finished today! Finally got my car back with all it's new bits installed. What a difference, it's like a whole new Supra.

I've had:-

Full fluids change with Royal Purple (engine, autobox, diff, etc), new Denso iridium plugs, new Blitz panel filter, Goodridge brake lines. Engine is running so smooth now, it's ace.

Stainless headers from Nic. They sound amazing; the give a really crisp noise. It sounds gorgeous just burbling around town but I locked it down into 1st going through Chorley town centre and got it up to 5000rpm and my god, does it howl...! It's not ear bleedingly loud inside the car like it was without the baffle in the RS*R, but at full chat, I reckon you'd be able to hear it for a good couple of miles away! I was sure I had a sound recorder on my mobile but I'm buggered if I can find it now, so I'll get one of my mates to record something over the weekend & post it up for you all.

TRD LSD - Oh my god - grip in bucketfulls!!!!! It's only an N/A I know, but you can plant the throttle from the apex of a curve & the bugger just goes, I've had a bit of a drift coming round a roundabout and it was infinitely more controllable & relaxed than when it just had the open diff. Definately the best purchase so far.

So chuffed to be back driving again (and I'll be sticking to the speed limits this time round), unfortunately Lucy has already planned our weekend - a trip to the laundrette, Asda, blah, blah. Hopefully if it's nice we'll go for a bimble on Sunday.

And I'll see some of you on Monday at the Wiggin Tree.

Full Revs

Animal

Stainless headers from Nic. They sound amazing; the give a really crisp noise. It sounds gorgeous just burbling around town but I locked it down into 1st going through Chorley town centre and got it up to 5000rpm and my god, does it howl...!

I could hear you from Euxton matey :D

Pleased you got it back fella :) See you Monday :)

Right, I finally found where the sound recorder was hidden on my phone and I've recorded a thrash away from some traffic lights locked in 1st gear, shifting up at the rev limit. It was recorded with the phone on my lap & the drivers window open, not brilliant but you get an idea.

The only thing is, it's saved as a .AMR file & I can't convert it at work. FILE NOW ATTACHED IN PROPER AUDIO FORMAT.

For reference, it's an N/A with Nic's stainless headers, stock airbox and a full RS*R GT2 exhaust with the baffle fitted and no cats.

1sr Gear Blast.zip

You wanna hear it going under motowray bridges - it's freaking awesome! I was never really happy with the sound before; I dunno, it just sounded kinda flat. Now it's just so crisp and really barks when you blat the throttle - I'm so chuffed. And the LSD, too; great fun.

http://www.royalpurple.co.uk/maxmarket/

A bloke called Geoff Jackson, a great guy who knows his stuff. I can seriously recommend these products. I've been using RP for about 7 years in all my vehicles and it really does make a difference. It gave me an extra 50km range on both my Smart car and my motorcross bike and it removed the clunky gearshifts from the bike, too.