The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pleased with my MPG today......

Jamesy

.....i put in £25 and had my 1st motorway drive and was delighted at the result..........

i covered 86 miles (10 miles of which was off the motorway) and only used half the petrol....so basically £12.50 for 86 miles (equivalent to £25 for 170 miles = under 15p a mile) - :D

yeah admitedly i was driving like Miss Daisy, and doing 80 on the motorway...but am well chuffed with that!! ;)

i am guessing when i give it some welly (which is bl00dy hard to resist) it will go down quite a bit....but made me feel loads better!

Don't be fooled by the needle on the fuel gauge ... it goes from quarter to E in bink of a turbo.

Btw... nice looking car mate.

Shaun.

i guess i'll have to fill it up when it gets to 1/4 left then in future to enjoy these kind of figures again, lol.

BTW...cheers dude! :)

I got 24mpg going to silverstone and back and a few short journeys this weekend, wasn't bad concidering I drove her fairly hard like normal ;) They do prefer longer runs!

same here hard driving mixed with country lane fun 24 mpg - have had 30 mpg! on cruise M5/M6 (70MPH)

best results always on V Power.

Rich

Here's my averages (taken over several tanks and an 70% motorway/30% town driving):

Stock TT: 19mpg

BPU TT: 17mpg

Single: 22mpg

The fuel consumption on the single is better on motorway/town driving, but positive boost means sub 15mpg figures in a flash.

mpg means nothing tbh, I don't do a lot.

It's not all good, 8mpg on a weekend jount is fairly normal now, even the TT never got worse than 14mpg (unless on a track)

The single only really provides better mpg when on cruise and town driving (as the turbo isn't producing any boost), when it comes on it's game over for the fuel tank!