The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Happy with the Supra, Family Emergency Need to buy 2nd car - Aristo or Soarer, maybe?

KaoriFan

Still happy with the Supra, and from choice don't really want to get rid of it, but maybe have to. This really is Supra related, stay with me :)

Family reasons mean i may have to sell it, or if i can get cheaper auto Aristo or Soarer as 2nd car.

Last week my mother had a really bad fall on gravel in the road just walking behind the Supra to get in it. She has now had to have a replacement elbow as her elbow fractured into many pieces, worst the local hospital surgeon had seen. Now she can't get into the Supra.

really needing to know how much lower is the bottom of a Supra door compared to an Aristo/Soarer, also the height between top of the door on Supra, Aristo and Soarer.

Have a nasty feeling that i may end up with a cheap BMW if i can't find an auto Aristo or Soarer. Don't think i can afford s/h Lexus. but want to stay Toyota if at all possible.

Really am needing some help on this as it is urgent. thanks to anyone who can help with the answers :)

cheers

Ian

i know i can even get a 2nd hand cavalier, or vectra as option.

Really i thought if i am going to buy a 2nd car may as well have a decent size and liking Toyota quality, i find smaller cars uncomfortable as i am 6ft5inches, and also i only want auto as most of the driving will be local around town.

would have been ok of the ECU in my old Carlton had not given up the ghost.

anyway, i want something nice if i take the family out, or mom and g/f together.

ja ne

Ian

Still happy with the Supra, and from choice don't really want to get rid of it, but maybe have to. This really is Supra related, stay with me :)

Family reasons mean i may have to sell it, or if i can get cheaper auto Aristo or Soarer as 2nd car.

Last week my mother had a really bad fall on gravel in the road just walking behind the Supra to get in it. She has now had to have a replacement elbow as her elbow fractured into many pieces, worst the local hospital surgeon had seen. Now she can't get into the Supra.

really needing to know how much lower is the bottom of a Supra door compared to an Aristo/Soarer, also the height between top of the door on Supra, Aristo and Soarer.

Have a nasty feeling that i may end up with a cheap BMW if i can't find an auto Aristo or Soarer. Don't think i can afford s/h Lexus. but want to stay Toyota if at all possible.

Really am needing some help on this as it is urgent. thanks to anyone who can help with the answers :)

cheers

Ian

I have a Soarer TT for sale before i can buy a Supra.

I can send you pics if you want..

Russ

Hi guys, thanks for the replies and offers of help :)

it never rains but poors for me, after i had written this thread, i went out in the Supra. Was telling Russ that i went out afterwards and drove over this drain cover that was low in the tarmac, did something to my suspension.

So now the smallest bump in the road, feels like both rear tyres are deflated.

Looking like i need to get Supra looked at to find out the damage, so not sure what i am doing about second car now.

i have both supra and aristo mk11 . The lexus is soooo much more practical and nicer to drive at normal speeds. A few of my freinds even prefer the rarer and pimp like looks,I recommend you sell the supra and go for the best aristo you can you will love it

Not sure what i am going to do at this moment, as i need to get my Supra sorted out, but i have thought about Soarers, Aristos, Lexus for a while now as second car.

You have PM.

Russ

Thanks Russ, for the PM. i know we replied to each other but wanted everyone to know i replied to you :) really do think your car is fantastic.

whats your budget? the aristo would be the perfect car i think for you, very comfortable and much more room than a supra but with similar power for when your out alone or with GF. PM me if you want i might be able to help :)

Hi Robert, thanks for the offers of help, appreciate it.

I have no idea what nice Aristo's go for, have checked the for sale threads here on forum and have some idea. I don't need one that has been highly modded, but it does need to be auto. Going to check out the ClubAristo site, so probable see my nick there :)

probably depends what the Supra costs to fix, as to what i end up with, Soarer, Aristo, Lexus. Also need to find out about the different spec's.

cheers once again for all of your help and advice in this thread

ja ne

Ian