The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Antenna options

cheekymonkey

I need to make a decision on this. My quarter panel has arrived, and it's pre-drilled for the antenna but the shop can fill it for if I want. My current antenna doesn't work, motor or something is shagged, it makes the right noises but doesn't move.

1. Replace the stock antenna module with a 2nd hand one

2. Fill the hole so there's no antenna and live w/o a radio

3. Stubby antenna - where to get one?

4. Am I missing a nice solution like a small antenna behind the dash or something? That would be nice! :D

What would you guys do!?

What you need to do is what i have done on mine :D

I removed the rear bumper, and drilled a small hole into the crash bar, I then bought a long bee sting areal and mounted it onto the crash bar.. I positioned it so that it goes from the left hand side to the right hand side.. I put a small cable tie onto the top of the antenna to stop it slapping about.. Then refit the bumper... My Aerial works just fine.... much better than the crap window sticker ones...

Just a thought :)

Jody that sounds pretty nifty. I will try and do that while the car is at the workshop if they will let me in.

I haven't seen a supra with the bumper off, where did you position the antenna - on top of / behind the crash bar? Any pics?

Also about how long is the antenna you're using?

Cheers :D