The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all.

mk2john

Hi, a quick note to introduce myself. My name is john and I am being a little underhanded in my registration with this club ;)

I currently own a Mk2 Supra which is having a 2JZ-GTE from a MK4 fitted as I am writing this. I have already found this site to be extremely helpfull in finding parts and information on the 2J and look forward to joining in as more than a lurker!!! that is if I can get away with owning just a MK4 engine :(

Cheers, John.

Thanks guy's :)

The project started a few months back when I finally had enough of looking at the rear bumpers of Honda Civics!! I have always loved the shape of the MK2 but the performance available from a MK4 is of no comparison, so I figured why not combine the two?

My partner has a Celica and is a member of the Celica Club so we asked a few questions about the feasibility of the conversion on the club website and it developed into a thread.

there are a few pics and some info on the parts I have already bought here:

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=54981

I will of course keep this thread up to date on the developments as they happen!!

Also if anyone recognises the engine and has any info on the history and any work done to it I would be really interested. The engine originally came from Japan as an import and was in a black MK4 that had been rolled and ended up at a breakers in Norfolk.

Current progress is that the car and all the parts were delivered to Performance Tuning Services in West Sussex last Saturday and each week I should recieve an update on the progress :) I am hoping to be able to collect the completed car sometime after christmas!

Cheers, John.

Ooo you tinker, I'd love a MK2 with a 2JZ in it - we''ll be need lots of pictures of the project as it happens :)

Welcome!

how funny, we discussed this this upgrade in another thread just the other day.

Cant wait to see how this pans out.

We welcome pretty much anybody here that has the 2jzgte in their car, Aristo owners, Lexus IS200 owners, even mkiii owners who went for the ultimate upgrade ;)

JB