The mkiv Supra Owners Club

de-cat back in ! wow what a difference

paul mac

Just had the MOT and i usually get the garage to put the cat in and remove it just for the test, however this year i did it myself after they didn't tighten the gearbox bracket bolts properly which rattled like mad and eventually fell out, oh and charged me £50 as well.

So i have been driving the car (T61 single auto) for a few days with the cat in and am stunned, it normally makes positive boost at around 3200rpm (hi-stall) but now it makes the same at 2800rpm and nearly feels the same as the stock twins for responsiveness, the first time i drove it i gave it the same amount of throttle off the drive and nearly hit a car parked on the other side of the road, i have had an apexi ECV sat in the garage for years which i am definately going to look at fitting to introduce some back pressure, I never realised this could have an effect on spool up

nice find m8:sly:, aslong as the temps don't rise leave the bugger in....have to find me a cat and try it out lol:innocent:

yo jonny i deffo wont be leaving it in as i doubt i would get past a bar boost and high EGT'S which isn't going to kill that gypo in his lambo down the bypass:d, what i am thinking is an ECV for low down (and keep the noise down) and then maybe a £1.50 RS pressure switch at 0.5 bar and using your idea of the redundant trac butterfly acuator to open the ECV, could be my next project and its got to be better than decorating the hall :(