The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oxygen sensor

wilkorangerover

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just taken mine out this afternoon, dead easy all you need is a 12mm socket. Each sensor is held in by 2 bolts. Easy enough to get in at on my N/A, quick spray of WD40 and they came off no bother.

They are now currently stuck into a fresh lemon, mmm tasty ! I'll leave them there over night.

I've just taken mine out this afternoon, dead easy all you need is a 12mm socket. Each sensor is held in by 2 bolts. Easy enough to get in at on my N/A, quick spray of WD40 and they came off no bother.

They are now currently stuck into a fresh lemon, mmm tasty ! I'll leave them there over night.

have no idea if theres any difference between N/A and TT but i found it a complete pain in the arse to get to. I ended up buying 2 extensions to the socket set (ended up about 2 foot long) and one of the thingies that allows you to go round bends...but as you can probably tell from my technical input i'm not particularly good under the bonnet.:tongue:

Most Supras out there now, must still be running around on the factory fitted O2 sensor(s).

If you have not changed your O2 sensor in the last 3 years, then it is probably well past it and running way to rich. Fitting a new O2 sensor will pay for itself in fuel saving in no time and your car will run a lot more smoothly at low rpms.

Most Supras out there now, must still be running around on the factory fitted O2 sensor(s).

If you have not changed your O2 sensor in the last 3 years, then it is probably well past it and running way to rich. Fitting a new O2 sensor will pay for itself in fuel saving in no time and your car will run a lot more smoothly at low rpms.

where can u buy a new one and any idea of cost please? fancy changing mine i think... :)

i rang my local import specialst today to see if he could do this lemon thing for me and he advised me not to do it at all as it could screw up the engine messing about with the sensor - said its better just to buy a new one....

... i am wet behind the ears to it all, but it seems to work fine for every1 else....and anything i can do to imorove MPG has to be a bonus!!!

i rang my local import specialst today to see if he could do this lemon thing for me and he advised me not to do it at all as it could screw up the engine messing about with the sensor - said its better just to buy a new one....

... i am wet behind the ears to it all, but it seems to work fine for every1 else....and anything i can do to imorove MPG has to be a bonus!!!

Of course it's best to buy a new one, but if you want a quick fix for a coked up oxy sensor, getting the cr*p off it does work.

I'll be refitting my freshly lemon-ised sensors tomorrow, so will take it a run to see how she goes and fill up the tank to test mpg and report back here.

The lemon certainly does take the black carbon deposits off the sensors anyway, I have some pics to show difference , will stick them up tomorrow.

I'll be refitting my freshly lemon-ised sensors tomorrow, so will take it a run to see how she goes and fill up the tank to test mpg and report back here.

The lemon certainly does take the black carbon deposits off the sensors anyway, I have some pics to show difference , will stick them up tomorrow.

nice1 - will be very keen to see your results!:)