The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitting uk turbos to jspec supe

Guest mk47

im replacing my turbos shortly - just wondered if i were to fit UK turbos to the jspec, what else needs to be changed? is it just the front cat pipe or would i also need to fit the uk fuel rail/injectors, and anything else aswell?

weighing out the options before i decide which ones to go for.

cheers for that wez. UK turbos can boost maximum up to 1.4 bar safely at bpu is that correct? just thinking now if i were to go with the UK set up can somebody break down everything that needs to be done? with regards to fuelling, think an emanage would be on the list somwhere also..

Its just something im taking into consideration as my first turbo gave up last weekend, and currently ive seen uk turbos for sale and i also have a set of jspecs available to me so just finding out what i can beforehand.

single is not an option for me at the moment or i would have taken that route.

Not something I would do.....even if you sorted the fuel side of things.....EGT's :blink: how long do you want them to last ?

oh no i was just under the impression that uk turbos can boost higher maybe was wrong there :taped: although if i did go that way id stick with around 1 bar

If you have the choice of putting some stock JSpecs on then that would be easiest option.

think thats the simplest and easiest. will be taking a drive up to ibrar in a bit and pick them up then :D thanks for the advice!

Uks can definately go higher due to the steel internals, but the intercooling is still the same. It is the same thing as turning the J-spec turbos to 1,4 (if they could handle it) or more, but it wouldnt really do anything since they are out of their efficiency range and IC cooling is also going to be an issue.

BUT, jump to the US forum supraforums.com. There you can find A LOT of info on BPU'ing and boosting US tubbies which are the same as the UK tubbies (to my knowledge)

Downpipe and exhaust manifold both need to be changed for UK spec, the UK specs also have a ceramic exhaust valve thingymabob that you'll need to get everything to mate up. For the minimal gain against the extra lag, I'd just go for a decent 2nd-hand set of j-specs.

hey rob.. hows the UAE then? :D i took a trip down to ibrar just now and collected a set of good jspec turbos with manifold and all the accessories so thatll be going on this week cant wait to get it back on the road n hopefully the weather stays as nice as it is today.

going for a fmic at the same time & maybe an emanage ultimte.

hey rob.. hows the UAE then? :D i took a trip down to ibrar just now and collected a set of good jspec turbos with manifold and all the accessories so thatll be going on this week cant wait to get it back on the road n hopefully the weather stays as nice as it is today.

going for a fmic at the same time & maybe an emanage ultimte.

It's great, cheers! :)

Already on the look-out for a LHD Supra! :D