The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few of my raf marham pics

johnd-mkiv

Had a gread day out yesterday managed to get the car home in one piece ;) she ran like a dream did not miss a beat. This was my first ever track day, and from this experience it will not be my last.

First go on the track I went out with John (PIG)we managed a few laps of taking uit easy then that went out the window :) with john banking it on the grass facing me still moving :cool: then i lost it on the corner facing him :blink: but a quick shift into first some full lock and loads of the loud pedal we both make a fast recovery up the mile long straight.

My best top end of the day was 185mph stopping at the end was the interesting part so many different burning smells:D

after a few more laps I could not help but have a go at the drifting found it great fun, at one point I come into a corner to fast, the back end stepped out and managed a controlled power slide in 3rd on boost, that when i looked at the speedo and it was reading 80-90mph:blink: was really pleased with how the supra handled very responsive and predictable even when it was going sideways :D

as for the brakes erm :) the fronts they held up really well I have the evo brembo conversion with endless pads fitted there was a little brake fade but recovered fast as for the rears

ill be needing two new disks as they are both cracked and the pads, think I got my moneys worth :D

I have an in car video that im having trouble uploading to the pc ill be giving it to a friend this week to sort as soon as i get it ill post it up.

great to meet a few more of you thanks also for all the organising that went into the event.

Nice pics :thumbs:

The trip to the petrol station had me worried as I couldnt figure out where the noise was coming from, it was your rear brakes, glad you made it back safely.

I am sure there are some pics and vids of your sideways antics :D

I thought it was an aeroplane at first :D

I have some of it you can see from inside the car but would be great if there is some vids of the outside stuff

Nice pics :thumbs:

BTW - are your rear brake calipers jspec? Why is that one pad hardly worn when the others are knackered.

Mine looked like that when I had a sticking sliding caliper

yer they were j specs mate strange how its done that though, they will be going in the bin as Im going to use the brembo twin pots for the rears see how they hold up