The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Blow off Valves

Guest chrisbirch

Guest chrisbirch

Hi, I'm looking at buying my first supra and badly need some advice!! I've seen a good example of an unmolested '93 supra TT auto with approx 40K on the clock.(Only mod being a set of HKS shocks) Seems quite expensive (£9K) but having already viewed the car, it looks absolutely mint. Just wondering what are the costs for UK conversion are i.e. Speedo MPH/De-restricting/fog light/underseal etc. Also I was told that fitting a BOV can reduce performance? Is this cr@p ? Thanks .:help:

( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-Toyota-Supra-twin-turbo_W0QQitemZ180148614690QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18290QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

doesnt seem to bad a price if the miles are genuine and it is truly a nice motor as you say. Dont compare it to the price of other Supra's you may have seen on autotrader etc because a lot are nailed. Take it on its own merits and decide whether its worth the price that way :)

No idea on the BOV thing but i dont think it reduces performance ;)

Hi, I'm looking at buying my first supra and badly need some advice!! I've seen a good example of an unmolested '93 supra TT auto with approx 40K on the clock.(Only mod being a set of HKS shocks) Seems quite expensive (£9K) but having already viewed the car, it looks absolutely mint. Just wondering what are the costs for UK conversion are i.e. Speedo MPH/De-restricting/fog light/underseal etc. Also I was told that fitting a BOV can reduce performance? Is this cr@p ? Thanks .:help:

( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1993-Toyota-Supra-twin-turbo_W0QQitemZ180148614690QQihZ008QQcategoryZ18290QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Speedo conversion needs to be done correctly, dodgy ebay ones will cost more in the long run.

Fog light conversions can be done for around £20-50 depending on who fits for you.

Does the car not have a stock BOV? SOME aftermarket BOVs can cause issues, but in the main work just about as well as stock, just make more noise!

If this is the one I think it is then it was sold at Southampton auctions very recently for £5400.

A nice example and in perfect condition apart from a small scratch to OSR quarter/bumper (4-inches) but that's an easy repair - can't remember which?

All those things should be done already if the chap is selling it as a ready to go car. If you have that sort of money to spend on a car, then you would not do better than to look through the classifieds on here. There's some very fine examples.