The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New wheels

GazB

How things don't go to plan!

Saturday morning 8 o'clock roads quite foot down 6 mile run to garage, passed at speed guy that's going to fit new tyres, doughnut in garage carpark (just to use up last bits of rubber on old tyres 'Honest') manager who i don't normally deal with comes out and asks if i'm in for new Toyo tyres :haha:

Been waiting a week for back 2 being released from dock side.

When fitting tyre guy explains to me that wheels are being held by the stubs, no spigets. Aftermarket wheels!!

Suggests i go up to wheel sales centre and see if they can get me some spigets.

Also explained new tyres will need 500 miles approx. before taking to extremes in handling.

But i would feel the new level of grip straight away.

Was he right:)

Can't belive the difference, if anybodys having new rubber i can recomend Toyo's.

Went up to wheel centre in there 5 mins and spent £600 on a set of new BK993 wheels. Getting them fitted on Tuesday.

Told the sales guy my wife would not be amused, he suggested not telling her and seeing if she noticed!

He could also of saved me £120 if i'd done a wheel and tyre package with him.

But who cares, new tyres are great and a set of Gun metal with stainless rims 18" being fitted Tuesday:):)