The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best place to buy a Supra from Europe ?

Guest shark7

Guest shark7

Hello

Im living in Athens , and i would like to buy a left hand Supra mkiv from Europe ( propably for Germany ...)

Where is the best place , store ..etc , to found a good car ?

Thank you !

LHD is really going to cost you big money. They are uber expensive in both the states and Europe mainland. The Dutch/Swedes/Norwegian/Germans etc etc are all heading in the JDM direction regardless of drive side. You may find it easier to find a decent model from the states than Europe as seeing how most europeans drive the condition will be significantly better :D

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shark7, it is of cause fully up to you, but i would recomend you to seriouse think about going for a right hand drive. I've got one here in Denmark, where we drive in just the same side as you guys.

The reason for a right hand drive in DK is mainly that we get a discount in the registration fee (don't know if you get that) and the car itself is cheaper. But it money is not the issue, thats just lucky for you, but other things come into the consideration. Do you want a 6sp or and auto? Do you see high mileage as an issue? Do you need the bigger brakes of the EU model (are you going on track?) Do you want a hard top or aero top?

The J-specs are easier to find in low milages as well as 6 speed. Also hard tops here are easier and thereby lower weight. I was wery happpy to be able to get a low mileage, 6 sp hardtop and thereby the lowest weight possible, just what I wanted. This outweights the downside of getting used to driving a right hand drive so that was not an issue for me. When I got the car I was very very surprised of how easy it was to live with it being right hand drive. Actually I really dont register any difference when changing cars . The only thing is this; if you live or drive often or even regulary on single laned roads where you need to overtake you are going to get annoyed with a right hand drive. Do you on the contrary drive a lot in the city or high ways with several lanes, its no problem and even an advantage now and then. Don't dismiss the J-spec untill you at least have tried it or thought really hard about it.

Also, you should know that there are some technical differences between the EU and the jspec with the EU spec being more "ruggedly" build with brakes, turbos, injectors and so being a notch bigger/better/tougher, but the potential of the car is the same.