The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have £5k to spend!

Epic

As stated i currently have £5k....

I want a UK spec Twin Turbo, am i dreaming or should i come back with a new more £k

I know all the UK Specs are the same so not like i can choose a cheaper model, but i would prefer under 100k miles and black...

once again im prob dreaming but any advice would be great coz all my money cleared today and its time for a new car

Thanks guys

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of price should i be looking at? I dont mind selling a few more things, plus i still have my car to sell anyways... thanks for the fast responce guys

For a black UK spec TT with less than 100k on it (if you can find one) - I'd double your money.

I can sell you a rear hatch and a few other UK bits for around that mark but you won't get a whole car that doesn't need more cash spending on it unless you are lucky.

They do come up once in a while when a main dealer takes one in p/x and sells it on with the Glasses Guide price in mind but you have to be in the right place at the right time with the money.

Good luck in your (long?) search or during the process of saving a bit more cash :)

insurance is only 200 more a year from my current car for a uk spec and over 2000 extra for a jap spec, its stupid, god knows why...

Would i have alot more problems with a supra over 100k? im just worryed about way to much going wrong and having to lay out a small fortune after spending a small fortune lol

insurance is only 200 more a year from my current car for a uk spec and over 2000 extra for a jap spec, its stupid, god knows why...

Would i have alot more problems with a supra over 100k? im just worryed about way to much going wrong and having to lay out a small fortune after spending a small fortune lol

J specs are more expensive - but that difference is too big. Are you sure the UK spec quote you've had is for a mark IV?

What age are you?

And what insurance companies have you tried?

If you get an N/A, it'll be an import anyway - and insurance isn't much cheaper (if at all) than if you had an import TT.

Then if you modify your N/A with a single turbo conversion, it'll be even more to insure - maybe more than a stock TT import.

Shop around some more on the insurance first before thinking it'll cost stupid money - you might just find the difference isn't quite as bad as you have been told.

no if uk, also do you want auto or manual?

if you go jap spec then no bother really, I got my self a mint condition one well for a 15 year old car that is, it was listed for £5500 however I got him down to £5200 as it does need a few jobs doing (new rad £145 + PP and brake pads £125 for endless pads) apart from a few cosmetic blemishes that are expected from a car at that age its sound as a pound, FSH + Jap sh, 85k on the clock (miles) axis 19" alloys new tyer's, hks racing induction kit, rare color, cant go wrong, I was watching the market for about a month threes a few on the auto trader for round the same price, however it may involve travel, I travel 250 miles to get mine but was worth it.

lew

You shouldn't have any real problems if the car has been looked after. Remember Toyota are famed for building some of the toughest engines around.:)

Im 22 so thats why it high, im with elephant at the mo, and there not to botherd about mods.

and i would want a manual all the way, but if the right supra come alone i guess i couldnt b to fussy. but asking for a uk spec tt black with a manual is like asking the sun to come out in england