The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring noise limits

4leks

Hi guys,

Going to visit Nurburgring next week whilst gonna be in Germany.

I believe there is 95db(A) noise limit there (well, up to 10 dB "unoficially" as per http://nurburgring.org.uk/noise.html).

I have Blitz Nur Spec-R exhaust & full de-cat.

Never checked my noise limits b4 and never been to tracks wz noise limits.

Do u think I will be OK there?

I got static noise tested with a nurspec full decat/baffle out and passed, it was funny as the guy said rev to 4k so i got to 3 and held it he shouts over no 4k but it passed anyway, i`d take some sort of baffle though as its a long way to go and watch.

A good 50% of the cars at the ring are built track racers, so it's noisy - if the Zakspeed Vipers are out, you'll know all about it!

Lets face it though - the ring is the prime source of income and employment and it brings so much money into the area. The residents would be f'ing thick to moan about noise!

You shouldnt have a problem with the noise, its mainly there to stop the loud bikes.. and tbh most of them are let through. My brothers ex de-cat RX7 managed to get through, so you should be fine :) Just dont sit there revving at the line or giving them reason to target you.

I wouldn't worry about the noise either. Just got back this morning with a de catted NUR Spec R. It's pretty quiet in comparison to most, although as mentioned above its not wise to antagonise the officials in the car park or away from the barrier.

The flip side to this is that my buddies 355 got tested and thrown off on the Sunday. 105/103db at half revs from 1 metre. It is pretty seriously noisey though. They told him he would have been OK if tested up to 100db.

Enjoy and be careful out there!

Martin

IMG_4295.JPG