The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long have YOU had your Supra?

R Black

I was just wondering how long people had had there supra's before changing, what upgrades they did if any, and what faults they had.

I've had mine nearly 11 months & love it, i mostly only drive weekends, i can't think of many cars i would want replace it with other than say the ilk of a 993tt (which i can't afford so....)

So far i've only facelifted ext lights & changed the dash to white dials & all blue leds, i've had no real issues, MOT is now imminent think my off side bushings are worn as they squeak and knock a little

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

coming up to 5 years now.

straight away i got rid of the huge supra transfers along both sides then after a year i changed front and side indicators to clear ones.

I managed to hold of the urge for more power for nearly 2 years but then i needed to replace my exhurst so thought sod it i'll go BPU at the same time....never looked back since.

touch wood apart from the normal wear and tear items i've not had anything go wrong (except from a dashboard bulb and boot rubbers;))

F**k Face.

'93 Aero TT.

2000 (47k miles) @ £15,995 to 2003 (70k miles ish) @ £13,500.

Buggered up - Starter motor.

Splurged - No mods.

Her Outdoors.

'98 TT VVTi Tip.

2003 (4.5k miles) @ £23,500 to present (35k miles) @ £:scare:

Buggered up - Battery / Throttle position sensor.

Splurged - Nur Spec R / Wheels / Front lip.

Nearly 5 years now. Got it from Calder, was a bit of a dog tbh, has cost me loads of money to get it in excellent condition. I've done about 50k miles in it.

I'm on my 2nd set of hybrids now. BPU+++ atm, dont think I can take it much further power wise without going single. But I'm very happy with it.

Been through a few traders as well.

First went to JPS who was recommended highly... hmmm :eek:

I've been at Dude's a few times, but he had left the scene, too bad :(

Also Turbofit was recommended... they're gone as well. :search:

So need to look for someone else to service my car , and not rip me off!

Haven't put any mods on my car for over a year or so, might get a brake upgrade soon, don't know yet.

-Marco