The mkiv Supra Owners Club

heya all..

Guest sunderz

Guest sunderz

right first post and im already posting in the wrong section...but my thought is i have a few questions to ask and so it's more supra chat than welcoming a noob ;).

ok so i used to have a saxo and plans were to turbo a vtr block but it's been sat in my garage for 2 months with a half rebuilt engine and i have uni comeing up soon (3 weeks) so tinkering with the idea of putting back to near enough stadard as i can. Now i love the look of the supra and seen a few for sale on autotrader and what not.. then thought of an owners club and here i am...thinking you guys now them like the back of your hands just like me with the sax..

im turning 21 in the new year and i have 5 Yncb (long story) and got quoted £630 by bell fully comp on a RZ unfortunatly was the car was 10k and i aint got that type of money.. im looking for a turbo model but not sure what modles cam with this. all imports came N/A i think :(... just would love some help to point me in the right direction od what model spec, what to look for. tax etc as it's all new to me as only owning a saxo all my life..

and sorry if some of this has been answered in other threads i now ppl get pissed of on my sax forum for not searching i did have a quick scan on the search button

any help would be much apritiated :D

chris

Hi mate and welcome.

There is a supra guide on this site which outlines all of the models.

You are part right in the fact that all N/As are imports, however Twin turbos were both UK and J-Spec.

As for price N/As are the cheapest with the Twin Turbo Auto next and then the 6spd manual Twin turbo.

The UK version of the Twin commands a premium as too do the big twin/single conversions.

Have you ever been in an N/A? They can be picked up for a relatively good price and still kick out 200 bhp.

Anyway welcome aboard.

Cheers,

Chris.

Guest sunderz
Hi mate and welcome.

There is a supra guide on this site which outlines all of the models.

You are part right in the fact that all N/As are imports, however Twin turbos were both UK and J-Spec.

As for price N/As are the cheapest with the Twin Turbo Auto next and then the 6spd manual Twin turbo.

The UK version of the Twin commands a premium as too do the big twin/single conversions.

Have you ever been in an N/A? They can be picked up for a relatively good price and still kick out 200 bhp.

Anyway welcome aboard.

Cheers,

Chris.

must have missed that supra guide oops :blink:...na not been in one it's on my list of things to do.. i was looking at a manual, dont quite fancy a change to autamatic yet..so the twin turbo is the top spek..there is an import place near me so might go down and have a natter is ther owt i need to look out ofr when importing and what needs to be done when doing that??.. can the N/A's be turbod after or is it a diff engine block etc?

cos i would look to buyt one stock and mod it myself :eyebrows:

Guest Nicholas

If you're going to be at UNI put some serious thought into this before buying a supra they can be very costly and the last thing you want is a huge amount of debt.

You can get an Auto TT for 7/8k or a Manual TT for 8/9/10k

cos i would look to buyt one stock and mod it myself

The worst thing you could say when buying a supra...unless your loaded...think how much you spent on your saxo x 25, and you aint even there yet;)

Welcome though, I bought a Supra when I was at Uni, had a well paid p.time job in sales, but it took me until I got a job 18months later to actually start spending serious money!:rolleyes:

Guest sunderz

a cool this was what i was hopeing to find out.. na not loaded at all but then i spent sod all on the sax as done alot myself and didnt go off to companies to do it, all this is new to me as you can see and im just trying to find some info about them... like running costs etc which seem quite high guesing petrol dont last too long and tax is rather high also

Guest sunderz

yeah true.. well not sure what to do as might keep the saxo for track days and get a N/A for the daily drive etc i run a moble valetting company so can use that to visit customers etc bit embarasing turning up in a chavvy saxo (i even admit it hahaha) it's just im sick of always haveing an unfinished saxo so with haveing a second car can work on the saxo in my own time... hmmm

Expect high teens for MPG on average although the figure varies wildly from car to car. Personally I get about 12-15mpg average driving on my UK car with an HKS dump valve and about 18mpg without the dump valve. Long journey's will see high 20's.

Be prepared for big bills for tyres and if anything goes wrong, parts can be quite expensive. Even things like routine servicing, which I do myself can be quite costly as it uses a lot of oil and deserves a decent brand.