The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cleaned my o2 sensors

Dave

well did the 24hours dipped or stuck into a fresh lemon didnt think it would make much difference .they were pretty soiled when i took em out .but i was pleasently suprised the trip to my daughters house normally cost me £20 did it yesterday for £15 approx didnt hang around either 80 leps + and it seems a bit more lively up in the revs . easy job too .just dont drop any nuts there a bitch to find :)

Is it hard to get to the sensor just before the #1 cat/decat ?

It can be got at from the top, so is easy. Even with my chubby fingers :D

Try doing it from the top on a UK spec ;) No room to get down there without stripping stuff out. Easiest is from below by removing the #1 cat/decat pipe. I say easy but as I'm sure I don't have to tell you Sharpie those nuts and studs are a bitch sometimes. I purchased a new set of studs and nuts just in case something went wrong when I decatted mine and put in a new o2 sensor.

Hmm, might give mine a clean if I can find them!

Anyone have a pic of where they are on a 1995 J-Spec TT please?

There is just one on TT, but do not have any TT handy to make pic :p It is in downpipe area tho, behind turbos so location will be similiar to left sensor on my pic.