The mkiv Supra Owners Club

relays

TT Robbo

i know im years behind but ive still got the caravan foglight and having a go at the conversion.

my only question, can you get the SPDT relays from anywhere other than maplin,just ive got a 25 mile round trip to maplin and im sure another shop should sell them.

thanks,robbo.

o,k done the wiring but something must be wrong.followed the diagram to a tee and double checked.

everything seems to be working fine,only trouble is,its working through both break lights instead of just the outside one.

does anyone know what ive done wrong?

any advise would be great,thankyou.

o,k done the wiring but something must be wrong.followed the diagram to a tee and double checked.

everything seems to be working fine,only trouble is,its working through both break lights instead of just the outside one.

does anyone know what ive done wrong?

any advise would be great,thankyou.

I'd guess that you've just cut the single brake light wire in the main loom. You to go the loom on the lights side, (after plug), strip back the insualation and you'll find that 1 wire splits into 2. Obviously you only need to find/cut the one that goes to the inside brake light.

You probably wired them before the break in the wires mate, they split just through the rear part of the boot 'wall' as it were, and one wire to inner one to outer, if you wire from relay to just before split both will come on, if you wire to after the split, only one :)

Same chorus, different artist ;)

You probably wired them before the break in the wires mate, they split just through the rear part of the boot 'wall' as it were, and one wire to inner one to outer, if you wire from relay to just before split both will come on, if you wire to after the split, only one :)

cheers rob,think you may be right,didnt realise the wires split and that had me scrathing my head:blink:

will have another bash tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

Same chorus, different artist ;)

Slightly think that yours was more eloquent :p

cheers rob,think you may be right,didnt realise the wires split and that had me scrathing my head:blink:

will have another bash tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

No worries mate, exactly the same happened to me, and thats the only reason i know :p

must still be something wrong,got the lights working as normal and got the outer ones working as fogs.

trouble is when the brakes are applied and the fogs are on ,the brake light is still trying to work through the fogs,if you know what i mean.

could have done something wrong with the white wire on the right side of the diagram.

should this be put straight to ground from light cluster or is it something different?please explain.thankyou.

must still be something wrong,got the lights working as normal and got the outer ones working as fogs.

trouble is when the brakes are applied and the fogs are on ,the brake light is still trying to work through the fogs,if you know what i mean.

could have done something wrong with the white wire on the right side of the diagram.

should this be put straight to ground from light cluster or is it something different?please explain.thankyou.

It should be the inner brake lights that act as fog lights.

I don't really understand what you're saying is wrong. If the fog lights are on, and you apply the brakes, all four should be lit up... How can you tell the brakes lights are operating through the fog lights?:blink:

As for putting wires to ground, before you do, can you show me what diagram you're working from? :)

check to make sure you are useing the correct bulb

if the bulb holder is a double post and you have a single post bulb in you will get the same sort of symptomes as you seem to be describing:search:

simple i know but worth a try:)

check to make sure you are useing the correct bulb

if the bulb holder is a double post and you have a single post bulb in you will get the same sort of symptomes as you seem to be describing:search:

simple i know but worth a try:)

?

Stock rear light clusters, all of the brake/tail are twin filament bulbs.

This mod simply switches the 'brake' light on for one pair of the 2 pairs on a Jspec so that you get a fog light.