The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bit strange

TT Robbo

a new member joined the club a few days ago and stated the town he lived in.seeing this i told him i only lived down the road and if he wanted to meet up for a chat we were only ten minutes apart.

great he said, would tuesday evening be o,k because he was busy till then.asked if he would like to come over to my end and i would meet him at my local and buy him a shandy;)

the guy said he had seen my car once parked up in the town where i live but then asked what street i lived on,obviously i did'nt tell him this and stuck to the meet at the pub thing.

by the way he said his car was stock everything.

some time today i was expecting a p,m with a time he was coming over but nothing and my pm's to him had been read.

now for the strange bit.im'e on the back garden when one of the kids comes round saying a supra's pulled up outside paused for a few seconds,turned round at the top of the street, done the same again then drove off.

now this car was stock and the kids only saw the passenger who was very young.

now an hour later i see this guy is on line again so i send him a pm asking if he has drove past my house and see that he has read the pm but no reply again.

what do you guys think,or is it just me?

Sounds a bit odd to me too, its very easy to worry about your supe being nicked when its your pride and joy, i cant seem to pull myself away from the window checking if its still there, but then again why would someone with a supra want to nick another ?

Like you say, it is very odd and not sure what else to say really other than keep your eyes open.

Sounds a bit odd to me too, its very easy to worry about your supe being nicked when its your pride and joy, i cant seem to pull myself away from the window checking if its still there, but then again why would someone with a supra want to nick another ?

Like you say, it is very odd and not sure what else to say really other than keep your eyes open.

like you say,not someone with a supra,can't make head nor tail of it:search:

a new member joined the club a few days ago and stated the town he lived in.seeing this i told him i only lived down the road and if he wanted to meet up for a chat we were only ten minutes apart.

great he said, would tuesday evening be o,k because he was busy till then.asked if he would like to come over to my end and i would meet him at my local and buy him a shandy;)

the guy said he had seen my car once parked up in the town where i live but then asked what street i lived on,obviously i did'nt tell him this and stuck to the meet at the pub thing.

by the way he said his car was stock everything.

some time today i was expecting a p,m with a time he was coming over but nothing and my pm's to him had been read.

now for the strange bit.im'e on the back garden when one of the kids comes round saying a supra's pulled up outside paused for a few seconds,turned round at the top of the street, done the same again then drove off.

now this car was stock and the kids only saw the passenger who was very young.

now an hour later i see this guy is on line again so i send him a pm asking if he has drove past my house and see that he has read the pm but no reply again.

what do you guys think,or is it just me?

this is all sorted,thankyou

You can't just leave it like that - I'm on the edge of my seat here:eyebrows:

o,k chaps,it went something like this.

im'e writing and reading this thread that i started and up pops a pm from the guy.i send one back asking what was going on and did he drive past my house? no reply:search:

wtf,anyway an hour later another pm from him saying he has been sending messages all day but he's been sending them through the clubs e mail address and just realised what he was doing wrong.

getting somewhere now,i asked again about the drive past.

he came back saying yes that was me,apparently he knows some people in the town where i live and asked about my car,they didnt know me but knew the car so told him where i lived.

only one supra in the town i live so he could'nt go wrong.

dont know why he did'nt just give me a pip or knock on the door but everything is sorted now.

oh,and he sounds like areally good bloke and he's just finding his feet like we all had to do.

he understood when i told about the thread and said he would have thought the same.