The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NEW BREAK DISCS AND PADS Which to Buy?

SILKYSMOOTH

I just took the car to elite to check the diameter size on both front and rear discs, and it turned out the front discs were about 310mm in diamiter and the rear was about 315mm in diameter, where as I thought that the original spec was 310mm on the front and 291mm on the rear, so a bit confused...i have 18" split rims on the car, they quoted me around £530 - fitted with Greenstuff break pads and just standard discs (not drilled/grooved) also Toyota quoted original parts for £504 inc vat not fitted. and they may not have been the right size in diameter - whereas I have been quoted around £130 for both original japanese front and rear discs and pads - next day delivery and do it myself or order a nice set of brembo brakes from america if they fit? - I looked at the G3 and Endless pads from Envy and they look very good so going to make some enquiries, also how do I get in touch with Chris Wilson? THANKS GUYS great help...

Thanks Nic

I will let you know on the pads, if i order them, how long for delivery?

Toyota quoted me £83.85+vat each for rear discs and £80.48+vat each for front discs - £36.80 +vat for set of rear pads and 63.64 +vat for set of front pads.

Are those prices from Steve Manley, he is one of the recommended suppliers :thumbs: his number is in my sig below.

Exactly, I agree, thats why I am holding on to find something good enough, besides I have a heavy foot so will need it in the long run...I may go for OEM discs and get some good pads. Just want them like NOW!

However, for the price of the OEM discs, I think there could be the possibility of getting a disc with grooves or drilled holes for the same price or maybe a couple of quid extra.