The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Garage

chazuk

My core plug has gone in my water pump, as most people know its a cambelt off jobbie. I have deicded to get all the parts from Toyota.

I have got to the point of the bottom crankshaft pulley bolt which I have attemted in a number of ways to remove but have given up and I need the speical tool.

So I went to the toyota garage for the tool always very helpfull

The bloke at toyota said hmmm cant see it on the screen let me go and ask a mechanic ,came back "nope we chucked those tools out about 2 years ago" ,

my respone " well what if a supra comes in and you need to do a cambelt change" he said "anything more than a basic service on supras we dont want to know".

Not ranting on but you can get all the parts from toyota why wont they support them. Made my sup feel old ,personally I dont think supras are all that old .

Guest Chumpalot

Sad isn't it. I agree though, there are plenty of other 'newer' cars that look older than the Supra. It's looks are timeless in my opinion, whether kept stock or modified.

As for the tool, perhaps ask members/traders on here if they could fabricate you one?