The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Molested or Art??

debonaire9989

After recently checking out the knowledge section of evo magazine i noticed the supra in the sports car section, as the bad point for the supra they say "finding an unmolested example". In my opinion some of the mods i've seen on here are what i'd call a work of art, and compliment what mr toyota started. but what are other peoples opinions on modifying the supra??, what is too far?? at what point would you say the supra is "molested"??

hello,

Mines a single turbo. I would say it has been fingered rather than molested.

Seriously.....any thing more than a filter/exhaust is probably classed as molested i.e boost upgrade.

I think it's a case of different strokes for different folks as to ......What is too far?

After recently checking out the knowledge section of evo magazine i noticed the supra in the sports car section, as the bad point for the supra they say "finding an unmolested example". In my opinion some of the mods i've seen on here are what i'd call a work of art, and compliment what mr toyota started. but what are other peoples opinions on modifying the supra??, what is too far?? at what point would you say the supra is "molested"??

Veilside kit!!:sly:

Or spoilers than you could iron your shirt on!!

H.

Agree with Harvard.

I'm guessing most buyers would want a nice clean car and maybe then add their personal touch (that being spoilers fit for Dakar Rallying or psycho turbos).

Most buyers (i think), me included, would worry if the tuning was done properly, if and where to look for faults and how to drive the "molested" 800hp beast they just bought second hand.

A "unmolested example" as far as an import is concerned is a pretty rare beast, i can understand the sentiment if they where referring to some of the cars that are "considered" classics like E types MK1 jags etc,now i know there are some "purist's" lurking on here, but to expect a Japanese big production car to be a purist icon, is expecting a bit much, when a lot of Japanese performance cars are considered the tuners and stylists dream, most are happy to buy an import, and find it has a history from Top Secret or Trial etc.

Guest Suprafly

When they say "finding an unmolested example" I think 'raced' or screwed about or whatever raced means to you.

I think they use the term 'molested' as a difinitive word for the wider audience.

Then again I might just be talking bollocks :search:

The Supra TT's an extremely tuneable powerful car, now available for relatively peanuts in the high performance car market.

It's inevitable a petrolhead will find it extremely difficult not to molest their example in some shape or form. From removing a cat to swapping Mr T's Twins for a single.

I assume a lot of body modifications i've seen are just so owners feel their car is more individual.

I'm not always convinced it improves the look of the car any better than a Supra looks with the OE Toyota aerokit, i'm still unsure if i even like rear spats or not but has it's pro's and con's!

There always tends to be an element to a complete bodykit which lets them down which is probly why most people tend go with a front bumper from one kit and a rear end from another.....

When they say "finding an unmolested example" I think 'raced' or screwed about or whatever raced means to you.

I think they use the term 'molested' as a difinitive word for the wider audience.

Then again I might just be talking bollocks :search:

Exactly, I also think that "unmolested" means not raced to death.

No that would be 'thrashed'.

Molested means awful body kits, in design & execution, shite wheels, graphics, and just a general chavvy appearance.

It ain't often you see an aftermarket kit that looks like it was designed by a bonafide design house.