The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this rubbish for the amount of boost

Supra ST Myster

Is your's an auto Emin? (I forget), as that would be a rwhp figure.

If it's an auto, I think it's about right. The stock ECU simply cannot fuel for a single, it'll massively overfuel and kill your power.

Mine on the stock ECU and 440's at 0.8 bar (this is on a bigger turbo too) was slower than it was at BPU.

whats your point though?
Well, what is it that you're "well disappointed" with?

If I understand correctly, you're running a single on stock injectors at sod-all boost and the map with stock twin turbos - right?

No wonder it's disappointing. It's bound to run worse than stock and TBH Em I'm slightly surprised you haven't blown the motor yet.

You're a braver man than me though mate, putting the poor thing through the torture session of a dyno day.

These turbos can hit 1.4bar by 3500rpm so I would be very very careful in upping the boost anymore.

Your fueling looks ok from 4500rpm at the moment, maybe a little rich but its the area below that which really could cause you some damage, I found my 440cc properly mapped with the AEM were ok upto approx 0.8bar with increased rail pressure.

Well the afr's actually look okay, which is very surprising (One thing I learnt this weekend is they read quite a bit richer on the dyno than on the road).

Any single turbo is going to be well outside its efficiency range at such a low boost so it won't be producing much power. You need to get the boost up and work from there (obviously after a new ecu and injectors)

The XS power turbo's are hopeless though, do you know which one you have? any pics?

Well the afr's actually look okay, which is very surprising

As you say, because of the low-boost. Abit less power to stockers running 0.8 bar with the cats in place isn't it ?

Question: At 1.4 bar - that XS power turbo be delivering similar power/just abit more to a decatted pair of stockers running 1.2 bar ?

this is the turbo, it doesnt say on it what it is though,

It's not one of the horrid T04B turbo's thank goodness! Looks like the T60 or T70 ones, do you have a caliper gauge to measure the inducer on the compressor? It'd confirm which one it is.