The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BL exhaust baffle

Homer

Does anyone have one of these? I'd like to know how much it reduces the noise level before buying one

On my previous RSR the baffle made a huge reduction in the sound level throughout the rev range, but this hasn't been the case in all exhausts I've heard (I.e the HKS and Veilside Ti ones hardly made any difference).

Does anyone have one of these? I'd like to know how much it reduces the noise level before buying one

On my previous RSR the baffle made a huge reduction in the sound level throughout the rev range, but this hasn't been the case in all exhausts I've heard (I.e the HKS and Veilside Ti ones hardly made any difference).

I was quite surprised by the difference it made.

Have mine sitting here mate. I can send it down to you to try as my car is off the road for a while.

PM me your address mate and i will send it to you. Just send it back when you have finished.

:)

I was quite surprised by the difference it made.

Have mine sitting here mate. I can send it down to you to try as my car is off the road for a while.

PM me your address mate and i will send it to you. Just send it back when you have finished.

:)

Steve, that would be superb if you could mate and obviously I'll reimburse costs. Thanks very much! PM'd :)

homer, interested in your findings i just posted an identicle question (then did a search !) have you had chance to fit said baffle yet ?

The BL pipe doesn't come with the hole in the tip to fit the baffle and I haven't had the time to do drill it yet.

I've only popped it in on idle and it certainly takes the deep down rumble away, but it's a very long way from 'quiet'!

If it's not too busy tomorrow I'll take some before and after video of it.

I have one here homer; that terry made for the old bl backbox I had. I since had a big custom backbox made that is quiet as a mouse, and it doesn't need a plug, even at 4".

It's shiny and new, sat in my garage... seems a shame to plug a 4" exhaust though..?

Cheers Mike, may well be in touch! My neighbours are very good about the noise, but it's not really fair on them to have to put up with it. Most of my driving is shopping/local runs so the baffle is fine there, but it'll come out for the weekend :D

Cheers Mike, may well be in touch! My neighbours are very good about the noise, but it's not really fair on them to have to put up with it. Most of my driving is shopping/local runs so the baffle is fine there, but it'll come out for the weekend :D

You can have it matey, I just hope it's the right diameter; I never used it. If not I have the back box it used here as well.

It's fabricated though and will need tapping or nut and bolt to hold it in place.

I'm lucky in that i don't have neighbours :D

You can have it matey, I just hope it's the right diameter; I never used it. If not I have the back box it used here as well.

It's fabricated though and will need tapping or nut and bolt to hold it in place.

I'm lucky in that i don't have neighbours :D

Flipping heck, I was ready to offer good money for it Mike :D

I need a baffle one way or another, so will take you up on the offer :D I'll cover the cost of postage for you if you could send the lot over. If you won't accept direct cash for them I'll make a suitable donation to your chosen charity :)