The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Daft Jacking question

Sandy-m2

Its not something i often do having ramps, but i would say front up first, one side at a time, and then, iirc, the diff is the rear jacking point, so jack the diff and pop the stands under.

Under the diff wont allow the car to twist itself off the stands.

Try to get axle stands with decent wide bases too...

Its not something i often do having ramps, but i would say front up first, one side at a time, and then, iirc, the diff is the rear jacking point, so jack the diff and pop the stands under.

Under the diff wont allow the car to twist itself off the stands.

Try to get axle stands with decent wide bases too...

^^ makes sense.

i'm not against getting ramps but could i get the whole car up on ramps - product suggestions please???

Drive the front onto the ramps and jack in the centre rear jack position marked above. I think that was the suggestion. Ramps level off on the top so would be the same as jacking it up - just much easier.

I would use your scissor jack in the boot to jack one front corner up.......place the axle stand under on its lowest setting and do the other side.

Use your proper jack (with wood/foam pad) on the rear diff going in directly from behind and jack the rear up in one go and position the rear two stands.

You can then raise them from there to the desired height.

After its down on the stands i always try and have the jack jacked up just to the point of contact somewhere in the area i'm working just as extra security...........

Guest CoolsBlue

i did this when i got my supra, had a RAC jack, i jacked the front driver side first, then the front pass side, then the back was worrying, as when i jacked up the stands started to move, but the supe wouldnt fall etc, then i did the rear driver side and finally the rear pass side which all 3 stands started to move a bit, but nothing would happen if you take it slowly. then when the car was on the 4 stands she wasnt going anywhere:)