The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting prices

T2 MSW

What sort of prices have people paid for fitting a full turbo back exhaust with restrictor ring.

Also where in the NW have people used?

I’ve got all the parts just getting impatient to get it done. Done the fuel pump today which was easy enough, just a pain getting the large plastic bolt undone. I’ve got a price of £50 for the first decat which I think is expensive!?, also the garage seemed to know very little about what’s involved so it wont be going there!

I would do it myself but access is the problem, could really do with a ramp! :search:

Cheers Gaz, Chris is a bit far to go though was looking for somewhere more local, Warrington, wigan that sort of thing. TDI north I have tried but they dont bother getting back to you so obviously dont need the work!

I have no issues getting the cat back part fitted, as you say anywhere will do that but places are wise to issues with first decat and refuse to do it - fear of stripping or shearing the studs.

Mike i got mine done at a Local Exhaust place like has been said before plusgas and cooling down is important, He only charged me £20, IMO you do need it up on a Ramp for the First Cat,the 2nd one is ok on a drive with axle stands ;)

Danmar performance exhaust systems 01695 633444 ask for Kenny

Cheers

-Ian-

Mike i got mine done at a Local Exhaust place like has been said before plusgas and cooling down is important, He only charged me £20, IMO you do need it up on a Ramp for the First Cat,the 2nd one is ok on a drive with axle stands ;)

Danmar performance exhaust systems 01695 633444 ask for Kenny

Cheers

-Ian-

I fitted my decats and then took them off again when i went single with a trolley jack and four axle stands but it was hard work and for 20 quid im not sure its worth getting dirty!

Your average exhaust place will be able to do it as mentioned and will have the necessary heat gear to get those stubborn bolts. In fact if you're anywhere near Widnes I know a place my mate used and they charged £20.

Cheers,

Brian.

Widnes is not that far although £20 seems rediculously cheap. Everywhere I have spoken to are quoting around £50-70 and dont really want to do it for fear of bolt issues.

Both Danmar (although I did not speak to kenny) and TDI are £60 but did not really want to take the work on. Hyper is looking the best at the min(cheers Adz)

Widnes is not that far although £20 seems rediculously cheap. Everywhere I have spoken to are quoting around £50-70 and dont really want to do it for fear of bolt issues.

Both Danmar (although I did not speak to kenny) and TDI are £60 but did not really want to take the work on. Hyper is looking the best at the min(cheers Adz)

My m8 just rolled in after buying a car with the decats in the boot (had just been MOT'd) and they did it there and then for cash in hand. It was the 'Budjet' (yep spelled that way, blue logo with yellow writing) branch just off the Widnes roundabout where McD's and the Nissan Garage is - you go right at that roundabout (after coming off the fordy) heading for runcorn, there's a set of lights which you turn right at. It's just down that road on the right:

Budjet Exhausts & Tyres

9, Victoria Rd, Widnes, Cheshire WA8 0PT Tel: 0151 420 3858