The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Took a ride in Homers T67 today

Wez

What a great way to spent an afternoon - tw*ting around in single turbo supra's :D

Again I was very impressed with your car, the power comes in so soon and punchy, a very different driving experience to mine.

Still not sure whether I prefer the T61 or T67 for the way it delivers power, perhaps something in between the two :)

What is out there for this ?

I have been in a T61 and liked it very much but, did think a few days later....would I want MORE ?

Good question Pete :) I think the PHR stage 2 is something like a 64mm turbo, so might be an option. I'm not about to change anytime soon, but no harm in looking at the options.

Wes also mentioned the GT35r (same as Terry had in his), as this provides similar spool to the T61 but doesn't run out of steam so much at higher rpm's.

Really, I thought it was the GT4088R that was the laggier one. Don't know enough about them to tell you if we're talking DAF or Garrett lol :)

Nah mate, the R version is the the dbb one and I believe completely different to the journal 4088 version. The 4088r is more comparible to the T67dbb.

Shame Mike B isn't closer as I'd love a go in his one!

Nah mate, the R version is the the dbb one and I believe completely different to the journal 4088 version. The 4088r is more comparible to the T67dbb.

Shame Mike B isn't closer as I'd love a go in his one!

Yeah I know the R always signifies dbb in the Garrett range... but thinking there's been a few people with DAF GT4088's that were apparently very quick spooling? Jamie P for example, remember his original vid with the speedo flying round.

Yeah I know the R always signifies dbb in the Garrett range... but thinking there's been a few people with DAF GT4088's that were apparently very quick spooling? Jamie P for example, remember his original vid with the speedo flying round.

After speaking with Jamie that video was real, but his speedo wasn't very accurate. He also had a huge rev limit (something like 8.5krpm) and revved the nuts off it :D It was a very quick car, no doubt, but then he was driving it harder and with more rpm than most sane people would. The 4088 has a huge turbine so is much more suited to high rpm use.