The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NOS Question

Guest Geneb

Anyone shed any light on this for me.

I had a TT bud hardly got chance to use the power due to the short runs i did plus the damn speed humps so rather than have something super quick i thought i bough something that looked the bollocks which my Black Blitz Aerotop N/A does.

Thing is i wanna fit NOS for them moments when i need that extra power , when Kevin and Perry wanna race in there Clio's and Golfs

what can i fit and how much power will i get?

sorry about such an open question but i know cock all about this stuff

Okay,

You can probably get away with a 50 nozzle on a plain wet system (Don't touch a dry system)...

It would however be a much better idea to fit a controller with a wet system. This will allow you to run a large set of jets as well as control everything properly. Things like the twisted sanity controller will monitor O2 sensors and RPM and provide a degree of safety.

Hmmm looks ok but i dont understand a bit of it lol.

i would want a profesional install doing though ,by people who really understand there stuff and engines.

Hmmm, not sure who to recommend, the biggest issue you will have is getting insurance with nitrous system. Installing them isn't overly difficult, if you get some fairly simple like a single jet wet system it goes directly into the intake pipe AFTER the intercooler.

we need to have a chat mate, that install was real sweet i liked the idea of 2x bottles it looks a lot better.

Luckily i have a spare SAFCII so looks like nos is the way to go for me.

Fancy doing another install?

I dunno why but I've never liked the idea of nitrous injection. It just seems wrong somehow.

Besides which, it costs a fortune if you actually use it, it's a pain to get filled up, and nobody will insure your car with it fitted.

Apart from that it's great.

Fargo,

How did you manage for insurance? Do you have a trade policy or what?

nitrous is less parasitic than t/c or s/c induction, as for insurance i was insured with adrian flux, they asked by how much bhp increase the nitrous gave. and at that time i was only using the 25shot jets :sly:

theres a big myth around nitrous in that its an engine killer, but mostly thats due to barry bolt on whacking a huge 100 shot in one uncontrolled hit at a stupid RPM..

Installed and used correctly (ie progressive controller, TPSensor at WOT) then its as safe as houses.

£ per BHP nitrous is THE cheapest mod out there. even when comparing day to day running costs, ie fuel on a t/c or s/c car vs car with nitrous induction (which is used in short bursts)

If you hardly ever got to use the power of a TT, I don't see why you need nitrous mate, surely the opportunities to use it will be just as rare :blink:

Just check with your insurer before installing it, otherwise you may have to switch insurer quick which may end up costing you a few quid!

You may also need to check the terms your insurer imposes; nitrous isn't illegal to use on the road, but your insurer may well state that you can't use it on the road as part of the policy T&C's - obviously doing so would void your cover.

If you're happy with all that, then go for it :cool:

Oh, one more thing - you may also want to consider the resale value of your car :p:p

/me runs...

cant see why adding nitrous would affect the resale value, same difference as tweaking a stock TT. both mods take the stock car over its intended parameters.

Yup, but fitting nitrous would indicate to me that the car has been likely to be caned :lol:

Besides, it was more a tongue-in-cheek remark aimed at his weekly threads - he knows I'm just kidding... ;)

And increasing boost means the car HASNT been caned.:eyebrows: in fact one could argue that the boosted TT gets more of a caining due to boost always available, whereas the nos'd NA gets caned for 5min max (approx time of an 11lb bottle i believe), its all relative man. also as i mentioned earlier, nitrous is THE least parasitic out of all forms of forced induction.

i had a feeling you may have had a little private joke there..

Yup, but fitting nitrous would indicate to me that the car has been likely to be caned :lol:

Besides, it was more a tongue-in-cheek remark aimed at his weekly threads - he knows I'm just kidding... ;)

No I don't and im deeply offended by your post i just get the impression your trying to put me down all the time, do you realise how that effects a guy as sensative as me.

I hope you never have to go through this kind of pain:cry::cry:

And increasing boost means the car HASNT been caned.:eyebrows: in fact one could argue that the boosted TT gets more of a caining due to boost always available, whereas the nos'd NA gets caned for 5min max (approx time of an 11lb bottle i believe), its all relative man. also as i mentioned earlier, nitrous is THE least parasitic out of all forms of forced induction.

i had a feeling you may have had a little private joke there..

Just trying to find an insurer now, and nice post on polishing