The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fuel- mpg tt

wilkorangerover

hello what does a supra tt auto normally do mpg wise

i keep putting 15 quid in every 45-50 miles seems expensive to my NA manual :search:

Either you drive like a madman (which will do mpg on TT auto even worse) or your O2 sensors are gone. Soak them in lemon juice for a night and try to measure mpg again.

I only get around 220 miles out of a tank on my auto N/A , quite a lot of this is around town but I dont generally drive it fast.

Does this sound too low? Should I clean the O2 sensor?

I would say it is too much for reasonable driving, but then again you can be stuck for ages in traffic...

I only get around 220 miles out of a tank on my auto N/A , quite a lot of this is around town but I dont generally drive it fast.

Does this sound too low? Should I clean the O2 sensor?

Holy sh*t that awful i get 300 ish knocking round town

does the o2 sensor come out if the two bolts are unbolted?? looks a bit tight to get a spanner in :tongue:

Yeah its a bid fiddly but can be done with a few extesion bars and bendy bits ( i have no idea what the tools are called)

I get 300 if i go on a long motorway run, But i normally see 150 - 180 miles from a tank and i do drive it hard.

Holy sh*t that awful i get 300 ish knocking round town

Thats it decided then , when my car comes out of the paintshop this week I will be cleaning the o2 sensor!

I get 17-19mpg almost all the time. If I can get it up to 22-23mpg it would be more reasonable.