The mkiv Supra Owners Club

got my supra

bmx1lew

Well i got my supra :D went to look at it today and it was spot on, the rad looks worse in the pic's over all engine is spot, car is mint for its age, fsh with jap history 85000 on the clock however i don't have a clue what most of it means, i got the fella down to 5200, the car does need some jobs doing, headlights, new interior light bulb lol, stone chips, alloys could do with a good clean up as the chrome is corroding part from that they are cosmetic jobs to me so not fussed at all.

The boot rattles like mad!! the guy said he has the new boot rubbers but he couldn't find them at the time so he is going the post them if not i will just order some with my new radiator, the rear bumper does look a lot more dull im 100% it has been re sprayed he claims not since he had it and was like that since import, did a full check and there is no signs of it having a rear bump/accident, possibley sprayed at some point due to skuffs and what not.

First thing i am going to do is getting fully checked over and serviced to be 100% and so its ready for its mot in November.

One of the main issues i do have with the car is that the hand break light keeps coming on, the guy i got the car from said its the hand break sensor which again with the boot rubbers he will post up, he stated since he bought them they have been sitting waiting for his mate to fit them and then got pushed a side.

i noticed it comes on when booting the turbo on and if i take my foot of the gas, is that any thing to do with it having a hks filter on?

When you say 'handbrake light' do you mean the big warning triangle in the middle of the dash?

If so, thats not a handbrake warning light, its the general one which means you have a fault being reported. I seriously doubt its the handbrake sensor (never heard of that being an issue before!).

Check for fault codes

I expect you're seeing another issue related to the engine, but the fault code and some more details of when it occurs will explain whats happening.

That said, if it's happening under braking then it could be something as simple as the brake fluid level.

if it is the handbrake light check the rear brake pads.

only had my car for a few weeks and started having the same problem,when i was driving the light would come on some times then go off again.

when i looked the pads were really worn so changed them all round,problem solved :)

When you say 'handbrake light' do you mean the big warning triangle in the middle of the dash?

If so, thats not a handbrake warning light, its the general one which means you have a fault being reported. I seriously doubt its the handbrake sensor (never heard of that being an issue before!).

Check for fault codes

I expect you're seeing another issue related to the engine, but the fault code and some more details of when it occurs will explain whats happening.

That said, if it's happening under braking then it could be something as simple as the brake fluid level.

I would suspect this being the brake fluid level from what he has said, do you reckon Darryl ?

As the light comes on and off, sounds like when he is booting it and braking its coming on and off.......

Check for fault codes

i had the same problem last week,added a couple of mm brake fluid prob solved.thought it was going to be a costly job but only £4.99.job sorted.

on the speedo's you have slip diff on light hand brake and another, then on the left side you have battery and heat i think, then on the right there is engine and oil however they dont light up.

Take the top off and solder up the joints, sounds very much like they are dry.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=115407&highlight=oil+pressure+light

Guest Nicholas

yup if it's the handbrake light it'll be brake fluid level as Martin said, perhaps check how much you have left on your pads before topping up or changing the fluid :)

its a big red triangle in the middle and a handbreak light, may be the fluid as the break is quite spungy.

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago when we replaced a caliper on the front. Could just need the brakes bleeding or as said before the level of the fluid may be low.

Mine was a bit spongey but after a second bleed the pedal was as hard as a bishops dick!!:D

H.

yup its the brake's the pads are low so the pressure has dropped, can any one recomend me some good pads and where to buy from, im not fussed on really high standard pads for racing just some thing mid range and some thing that does not give off alot of brake dust.

cheers lew