The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Club Spirit at it's best!

Sharpie

Had a spot of bother with the car yesterday, while out on the Pancake run in North Wales with:Shytot, Mr&Mrs H, STE D,M5W TT & Kate, Mr & Mrs bigcol and Hoff and his good lady.

We had been out around 2.5hrs at a nice relaxed pace ~50mph so we could enjoy the lovely views of the valley's in the glorious sunshine. We had just come down hill, through a small town and heading back out to the countryside, when I noticed the car sounding and feeling not right. We where just starting on a gentle incline so, the load on the engine was just starting to increase when things changed and I pulled over. Switched everything off and started her up again, still running rough at idle and more so, when I limped along to meet up with the rest of the group who had stopped 50m down the road. Shytot reset the ECU but, still the same and we came to the conclusion that I was running on 5cyl rather than 6 :sos:

Anyway, got the AA out and they found plug #1 not in good shape and was dripping oil as he remove it from the car so, they called for a low-loader to take me to CW's which, was not too far away (as the crow fly's) and I'd hope to get a train home.

***************************************************************************************************

But, that's not the reason for this post, just the circumstances surrounding it..

When I first pulled over with troubles, EVERYONE in the group came back and offered help, advice, support and sarcasm which really was appreciated and made a big difference to the situation for me personally :thumbs:

I did not want to spoil the day for everyone and wanted them to carry on without me, while I waited for the AA but, they were having non of it……a member in distress ….Oh no.

Once the AA chap had called for the low-loader (it would be some time) and CW had confirmed that it was OK to drop the car off at his ~9pm at night, I immediately got multiple offers from the group, of a ride home with them from CW's. I was a little shocked to say the least, as I had only met some of these guy's n gal's once, since moving to the Northwest, ~6 months ago and some only that day! I really didn't know what to say….

This would involve driving South for ~1.5hrs to CW's then back up North for 1.5-2hrs to drop me off and then for them to make their own way home, another 40+ mins.

With some jiggling around of people in cars and them having to go home in the rear seats of one soop, Shytot followed me to CW's and then gave me a ride home. I can't THANK you enough mate!! :trophy:

THANKS to everyone for sticking with me, even right up to when the low-loader eventually turned up, it showed our Club's spirit at it's finest and makes me proud to be a member.

For those who would like to join the mocking, belly laughing crowd :p ;) see here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=119134&page=5

I have to say Peter we have very some sound guys in the club, and I'm proud to say that I know I could rely on pretty much any of the North West guys, (and gals) when it came down to it.

Ian in particular goes a long way for the club and I'm proud that I can call him a friend.

Hope your car is back on the road shortly.

Mike

Glad you managed to get home ok, as i said we could have taken you back to southport in our other car not a problem.

sheep pics please :p

what about the axe weilding bikers did you get any of them sharpening their instruments of torture
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_angry.gif

Guest Suprafly

Nice to know that if I ever break down in convoy I'll have some help and the right knowledge around me, thats a good crack, well done all.

If theres oil on the spark plug then isn't that a problem with the piston rings methinks?

:) Not a problem Peter was glad to help out, we couldnt have left you there and as for getting back from CWs i think it would have been a nightmare late on a Bank holiday Saturday :blink: .........its all being part of this great club IMO

It was a good job you have a spare CW preped engine waiting for you, it would be nice if Chris can find out what caused the No1 cylinder doing that as we wasnt pushing it in any way at all :blink:

Cheers

-Ian-

Glad to see you got home OK Peter - big :thumbs: to the members involved :)

Always good to see people helping each other out, especially within our wee club :cool:

Hope it's not too serious / costly but sounds like you've got a spare engine ready to get dropped in?

Cheers,

Brian.

Thanks Sharpie!!

No-one is ever left behind......LOL!

Was a pleasure to help you out mate. Could see you were a little overewhelmed with the offers of help and the distances/time involed. Luckily my missus is from Lilliput and has the seat almost all the way forward so Ste had some leg room in the back of our car!

Hope you get sorted soon mate and it's ready for the next pancake run!!

H.

Nice to know that if I ever break down in convoy I'll have some help and the right knowledge around me, thats a good crack, well done all.

If theres oil on the spark plug then isn't that a problem with the piston rings methinks?

Nah, if you break down in a convoy you'll be with all us tight northeners and we'll just leave you :p

I dont think anybody would like to have seen you start the day in a supra and finish it on a train.

I hope it didnt spoil your day too much Pete. The look on your face when you saw the pancakes made me think you thought it was all worth it.:)

Hopefully Chris will have you sorted and you'll be up and running in no time.

And once again top marks to Ian:)