The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Massive pothole...

Guigsy

I live on a one way street. and cars park both sides of the road and cars go down the middle. I go outside to paint my calipers... and right outside my front door just where my car is parked there is a pothole. and not your average pothole. something somewhere has collapsed. its about a foot deep. 20cm wide by 10cm long.

Because of the path the cars take to go down the road they almost have no option but to run over it. and the sides are slowly giving way. Making it bigger. Keeping in mind cars do about 30 mph down my road this is worrying me. I have reported it to the councill on the website by filling in a form. but when i tried to call there emergancy number it just says they are closed till tuesday,

What am i meant to do?

I have a bright orange bucket im currently useing to sit on my my caliper painting. but im considering just putting that over it. but no doubt some idiot will come down and nick the bucket! i might pop it down and go hunt for an abandoned cone...

Guest CoolsBlue

pop over to mines tomorrow as we said before mate, but i got a lesson tomorrow so give me a pm if you want to, nobody will dare to mess around at our place:)

pop over to mines tomorrow as we said before mate, but i got a lesson tomorrow so give me a pm if you want to, nobody will dare to mess around at our place:)

hows that going to help cure the hole?

its beyond just "fill it with stones". its gonna need like 5 bags of stones from bnq... If i put my hand in i cant reach the ends of the hole :S

Yikes!!! :scare: mind you, sounds like an excellent excuse for not going to work " erm, I cant go to work til the council fix a 2 ft deep pothole in front of the drive as I cant get my car out..:innocent:" You may have at least a couple of weeks off if your council is anything like mine :rolleyes:

I'd get phoning them, the lazy blighters :complain: did you attach a pic when you sent them the form?

Hope it gets sorted before someone comes to grief

Lx