The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all

Guest DaveWilko

Guest DaveWilko

I feel like the new kid in school. I'm going from being one of the old hands who people ask for advice about mk4 golf turbos to not having a clue when it comes to mk4 supras :blink:

I will be on a steep learning curve when I get hold of my Supra some time this week. Its a '93 UK spec autobox TT with 93000 on the clock. Last owner has had it 2 and a half years from it had 60000 miles and changes the oil every 2500 miles :)

My Golf has a Blitz LM fmic which I might steal for the Supra but not sure if it will flow enough. It came from a kit for a glanza turbo and it is huge. Are all LM fmics the same with different connecting pipework depending on the car?

I will be trawling through the posts looking for help and advice in any case

Dave

Guest DaveWilko

I posted a bunch of pics in my garage. errrr the intercooler didnt fit without me cutting a sizable chunk out of the crash bar behind the bumper, adding 10mm spacers to the lower bumper mounts, carving chunks out of the bumper, grinding it to .5mm thin in places and even then the lower pipes hang down below the bumper by about 10mm and the bumper doesn't fit as well as it used to :D Even after 40 minutes of data logging runs with full bore acceleration to 7200rpm at 20psi boost, when i felt the inlet pipe it was very hot yet the outlet pipe was stone cold so it's working well within its capabilities. Does anyone know offhand what average size supra fmic inlet and outlet pipes are? If they are smaller on mine it could restrict flow

Guest DaveWilko

Ok I got my Supe on thursday night. The bodywork is perfect - no isopon or dents but the guy had a £300 respray done on it to freshen it up and it is absolutely dire! Booked it into a top paint shop for 12th September to have it all stripped and repainted properly. Its going to cost me £1000 with me removing the door handles, mirrors, spoiler and going round all the window seals with a scalpel where the cowboys oversprayed them. I only paid £4500 for it so I don't mind paying for a spray cos I know the guy's work and the car will look like new when it's done.

Guest DaveWilko
No,

I seen it advertised and was going to have a nosey, was also a black Jspec appeared for similar money but again didnt get a chance to look at that either - they dont often appear for sale around our neck of the woods :)

You're right there mate. The guy went over to Engerland for it cos he wanted a UK car. Unfortunately it has had a very bad respray done which I think was why it was a bit cheap. Looks like someone took to it with a brush in places and a brillo pad in others. Mechanically it is good which was more important to me. Gettin the paint sorted soon