The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Isn't life strange?

nick_karkie

Wondering what this thread title is doing in the new members section?

Well, just flew over from England to Spain and bought my supra today. It's a 98 VVTi Auto in Quicksilver with 27,000 miles,bought it for £10,500, it is stunning. However, going throught the documents today I see the original advert of the car via JIC.

It turns out that this is the very first supra I drove back in 2002. I went to JIC after becoming hooked by the fast and the furious haha:p, I remember putting a deposit on a supra they had which cost around £17,000. He then let me drive this other supra that had 11,000km on the clock and was an auto without a spoiler. It cost £25,495. It turns out that this is the car I bought today. £15,000 depreciation in 5 years for a car that has only done another 20k miles, aren't supras great value? I didn't buy the JIC supra, I went on to buy one from a guy called Mark Partridge who lives in Halesowen, because it was a 6-speed VVTi. But what a coincidence hey.

Love the auto box now I am a little older and wiser:)

the thread is here because I am a returning Newbie haha.

The spanish connection is simply that my family have fish restaurants here and we have the whole market because nobody else does it properly, so we moved to spain.

I just got in now from driving the supra for 20 hours through france and spain, damn my knees and back hurt.

I will post up some pics when I recover haha:p

[quote=nick_karkie;1567551

I just got in now from driving the supra for 20 hours through france and spain, damn my knees and back hurt.

Why do you hurt? I've driven my Supe accross Europe with no discomfort at all. Or did you bang your knee getting out? ;)