The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Meguires Clay bar pack,

ManwithSupra

Decided to wash the car this morning, using the meguires clay bar kit, all i can say is 4 hours later ... wow !!

I have never seen the car look so shiney and smooth, the car looks like it has just come out of the showroom, i would defo recommend this to anyone who wants to give a mirror shine to their supe.

Its amazing how rough your paintwork is before you use this system and when you first apply the clay bar with the spray lubricant they give you it feels like there sand or grit under the bar and on the paintwork even after a full wash and chamois !!

A few rubs on the clay bar then all of a sudden it starts to glide on the paint then when the whole panel is smooth you then wipe the lubricant off, then stand back and be amazed.

People walking past will think your weird cos you keep stroking your paintwork with a big smile, then add the cleaner wax to the panel and then it reflects everything around it, i will get some pics and post them up !!

Anyway like i said i really recommend this to anyone !!!!

Pics now added - not very good ones but you get the idea

DSC00146.jpg

I've only done a test piece on mine but the results impressed me, a detailer chap showed me a little trick to help feel the difference - get the plastic wrapper from a packet of cigarettes and slip it over a couple of fingers, lubricate the paint with the clay bar stuff and run your "sheathed" fingers over it. It really helps to magnify the paint finish,

I've only done a test piece on mine but the results impressed me, a detailer chap showed me a little trick to help feel the difference - get the plastic wrapper from a packet of cigarettes and slip it over a couple of fingers, lubricate the paint with the clay bar stuff and run your "sheathed" fingers over it. It really helps to magnify the paint finish,

Thanks for the tip, I will just have to start smoking :)

Guest Chumpalot

have just finished doing exactly this, I'm tired, I ache and I'm sunburnt but it's worth it :D

Car not only looks shiny and nice, but feels really smooth and soft (if that's even possible).

Well worth it.

Didn't get round to polishing it as the car wasn't in shadows and would have been tough to do. Perhaps tomorrow.

Didn't get round to polishing it as the car wasn't in shadows and would have been tough to do. Perhaps tomorrow.

I'd do it ASAP, you've removed all protection from your paint with the clay bar and you should really polish/wax straight after.

yeh - when i found the wonders of clay bar was the start of a slippery slope down the detailing pole! LOL

I now have 2 large boxes full of products - ranging from Poorboys Slick-n-suds, through to the Klasse AIO, Optimum car wax and several microfibre and waffle weave towels!!!

I haven't gone the whole hog yet though (and trying not to) - not bought the machine polisher yet!

You need wash again after using a clay bar, then polish and wax, a clay bar is just a prep stage for polishing and waxing. :)

No, claying is for removing contaminants from the paintwork,

Prepping paint for polish/wax is some form of paint cleaner ala Zymol HD cleanse

but yes you should wash the car again after claying

Guest millerman
You need wash again after using a clay bar, then polish and wax, a clay bar is just a prep stage for polishing and waxing. :)

Correct, i've been using clay at work for years:cool:

So the process should be:

Wash, dry, clay, wash, polish, wax.

Right?

Which bits CAN you leave out (assuming you're doing the first 3)? Can you just wash, clay, wax or will it not work?

Oh and any favourite brands of clay/polish/wax? I'm on Sonax wash and polish which I find to be the best I've ever used.

I have used the clay bar twice now and the reults are great!

Didn't know you had to wash again though. We just dried the car off with a towel and started polishing....:rolleyes:

Halfords have the full clay kit for £22.99. Was a bit of a bargain when they had the 3 for 2 offer on aswell!

H.