The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM Tru-Power Pulley Kit

bmx1lew

Surely if you increase the size you will overspeed the device you are driving, I would say that is not such a good idea and they run fine as they are.

If you want bling then there are shiny kits about, speak to one of the traders on here.

Hey mate, good to hear from you. Yes Rob, believe you're right. Supposed to increase acceleration, but not HP from what I've read on SF. Do you have any threads you could link me to substantiating the reasoning behind using the stock crank pully? Seem to be a lot of Supras in the U.S. running them. Just curious why the difference in thought process. I've read somewhere that it's suppose to dampen vibrations.

It's worth reading this - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=35945

I've personally seen engines ruined during development when incorrectly 'tuned' torsional vibration dampers have been used (although not Supra engines of course).

The damper is constructed the way it is for very good reason and whilst changing it for a different design is not guaranteed to fail the engine, I personally wouldn't take the risk.:)

yeah i was just curious to see what they were like, i will read that tomorrow ^^

qoute AEM "AEM Tru-Power pulleys increase power by reducing the parasitic drag caused by factory accessory pulleys. Our lightweight pulleys reduce rotating weight and are slightly oversized to maximize efficiency, which nets more horsepower at the wheels. We guarantee our pulleys' belt tooth profiles to match O.E. specifications, eliminating any chance of premature belt wear. Comprehensive installation instructions, replacement belts and AEM decals are included in every kit."