The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oops got stopped for speeding!

JamesG

I've managed 12 years of driving without a single accident, never got points on my licence and never been stopped by the police... Until tonight!

Got stopped for speeding on the A57 entering Sheffield. The police officers breathalised me but were nice and friendly and let me off with a very mild warning. He initially said he was giving me a producer but didn't bother in the end. I doubt I was going much over the speed limit at the place I was pulled over.

Interestingly, the officer walked around my car just before I left and didn't mention my tiny front number plate.

exactly. there only doing there job. ive watched enough "street wars" type programs on tv to see that there just doing what they have to and not being twats on purpose. And its pontless lying to them. they always get you in the end :)

Just be a nice chap and be honest and treat them like you would anyone else.

Ive never been pulled for anything but i dont see the point arguing. if i get pulled for speeding. i probably know that i am. so ill own up. whats the point denying it.

I've managed 12 years of driving without a single accident, never got points on my licence and never been stopped by the police... Until tonight!

Got stopped for speeding on the A57 entering Sheffield. The police officers breathalised me but were nice and friendly and let me off with a very mild warning. He initially said he was giving me a producer but didn't bother in the end. I doubt I was going much over the speed limit at the place I was pulled over.

Interestingly, the officer walked around my car just before I left and didn't mention my tiny front number plate.

Lucky man James!!

It makes me even more pi$$ed that I got stopped by Tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber on the way back from JAE. The two copper were complete dicks! I was in the middle lane of the motorway just as the copper was on the hard shoulder doing someone else. He turned to face the traffic at the exact moment I was passing........:rolleyes:

Got pulled a mile down the road and £30 for the plate!

Although in an act of defiance it it still there now!!;)

H.