The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do you remove crappy mesh?

Elmo

My car has some shitty black plastic mesh fitted to the car, I want to remove this crap so I can fit some decent stuff.

The offending mesh is secured buy a strip with some kind of fixing studs holding it in place, does anyone know what these are and how they are removed??

I've taken some pics so you can see what I'm talking about...

Cheers!

take a rope tie it round the shitty mesh and tother side to a tree and reverce as fast as you can:eyebrows:;)

putting the new one in may be a bit more tricky tho:rolleyes:

hmmmm, I was hoping there would be a way that of removing the crappy mesh without the risk of taking the from end off!

Pull or unscrew I would think.

I've tried giving one of them a tug with a pair of pliers but they are well stuck, not sure if they'll unscrew and there isn't any slot. I've got a feeling the might need to be tackled from above which looks like the bumper may have to come off which is a bit too much hastle :(

all piss taking aside they do pull out just a bit of a yank to get them out and they may brake but mr.T sells them for pennies;)

Cheers, that's all I need to know - I guess I need to tug a bit harder!

oh and youre avitar rock's

ive never laughed so hard as the first time i saw that film

Cheers Dude, it is a v. funny film, haven't seen it for ages!

Those are just the plastic clips, the centre pulls out and the surround falls out releasing the black strip. The one in the pic is almost out anyway by the looks of things. The bottom strips are held in with a slightly different clip but same idea with the middle pulling out.

Thats the way I held my crappy metal mesh in before fitting a lovely shiny facelift blade trim.:D

Those are just the plastic clips, the centre pulls out and the surround falls out releasing the black strip. The one in the pic is almost out anyway by the looks of things. The bottom strips are held in with a slightly different clip but same idea with the middle pulling out.

Thats the way I held my crappy metal mesh in before fitting a lovely shiny facelift blade trim.:D

yeah,thats what i meant but other way round.

well,i know what i meant:blink: