The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rear tyre tore apart today

Mike M

The hassle this caused me today, if anyone has removed their spacesaver for a speaker and thinks 2 cans of puncture repair will be fine think again.

Trundling along the Motorway in Glasgow today doing about 65 I started getting a very slight vibration that I thought was the road surface then it got a little worse quite quickly so I pulled over and then loads of smoke come out the arch. Bloody Toyo T1R sitting flat with the inner wall ripped all round.

So completely stuck with Kwik fit being twats saying they had a similar sized tyre but wont fit it the RAC man found a place doing part worn tyres so 30 quid got me a narrower Continental and 70 odd miles home again.

Fecking nightmare. Glad I wasn't being heavy with the throttle, Totally surprised at how stable the sup was mind you.

I've had blowouts before and found the Supra is very stable when it happens. Even so, it's never fun! Any idea what caused it?

I really dont have a clue, I looked all over the tyre for nails or anything but no signs. I'm guessing its went flat at some point before the rims run through the wall of the tyre. What a stink came off it too.

Why wouldnt Kwik fit fit?

Mind you, that would be a good thing :p

They didn't have the correct size and said it wouldn't be safe to fit a different size and wouldnt budge even after saying were stuck on the M8 and its just to get us rolling again. Twats.

Happened to me too! Just glad the Supe was so stable :)

Yeah, first I noticed was the dash started rattling a little above the stereo as it does sometimes on rough bits of road. Just glad I hadn't been horsing on round a corner.

I'll keep my other Toyo as an emergency spare in the garage but I'm done with them now plus the hassle trying to buy them here too and get them fitted.

Kwik fit refuse to do my tyres too. They reckon the 19"s will and I quote "break their machines"? How do they do the Range Rovers and X5's etc?

Twats, I'm never having anything to do with Kwik sh't again ever. At least I managed to hang up on the twat at the end of the line.