The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT Engined Kit Cars

Flip

Thought I'd start a Friday chat - as I'm bored at work.

So, as per the title , are there any kit cars out there that are made for the MkIV TT engine? I'm sure I saw an ebay thing that looked a bit like a koeessonnegaaa with one in, but I can't remember?

I love the Soop and its engine, just wondered if there was another playtoy out there I could move the engine into if the unthinkable happened, or if I found myself with a few quid in my pocket and fancied something different. I'd like a Caterfield style thingy - but EVERYONE has them :o)

Thoughts please!

I'm not aware of any Kit Cars in the UK with one. Generally they're a bit expensive for those guys, and if they have got the cash (and room in the engine bay) they're more likely to go for a nice V8 instead.

I'm not sure how tall the 2JZ is, but I suspect it wouldn't fit in a sevenesque car, especially with all pipework etc.

My fathers YKC Romero can apparently take a Supra and a Skyline engine. His one was actually featured in an old kit car magazine (Before he bought it, I have the Magazine somewhere) and it says it was designed to be able to take both those engines.

I will try to dig it out and find the article.

Don't want a BMW, Sierra, mini thing - I'd want something more outlandish than the Supra - interested in your one Jim-Supra.

Another reason I can't have a mini is my friend has one... that is destined to become Hayabusa engined at some point (stopped by finances!)

I see what you are saying Pete, didn't think of that. The one I think I saw on ebay was a midengined jobbie wossit, not sure on the costing though, as I guess that means custom short prop shaft or a different gearbox.

Originally Posted by Sheefa viewpost.gif

Hasn't someone done that Mini conversion with the TT lump in it?

Was it in a trailer?
I've seen a v8 in a mini.

It was a mini pick-up and the engine was in the back driving the rear wheels through a Renault transaxle.

Went like the clappers too.

I cant remember Jake/Michael.

I'll try and do some digging after I've done some work, but I'm positive I have seen one as a TT convert :) If you can fit 2 Mondeo V6 engines in a Fiesta (front and rear) it must be easy to fit one lump in a mini!

Came across this whilst looking - how LOVELY is that!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-your-project/44763-mkiv-supra-tt-mac-mini-custom-dash-custom-boot.html

how the hell does a supra dash look sh*t and look like its from the 80's???wtf

does look nice tho

I thought that at first, but then I realised I'm just thinking, that's a cool digital dash unit. The rest of the dash looks cheap, and the Mac mini mounting just looks like he's just removed the glove box lid and plonked it in there.

I'll try and do some digging after I've done some work, but I'm positive I have seen one as a TT convert :) If you can fit 2 Mondeo V6 engines in a Fiesta (front and rear) it must be easy to fit one lump in a mini!

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show-off-your-project/44763-mkiv-supra-tt-mac-mini-custom-dash-custom-boot.html

Some nice kit in there... had a look around one of the suppliers sites, thought this looked pretty cool

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=220/category_id=232/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd220.htm

Jay's motor, whatever happened to him?

The 2JZ is a bloody heavy engine to have mounted in a mid-engined car

fully agree, i have looked at kit cars and the cast iron lump (as tough as it is) would probably not be the ideal choice for a kit car, the power delivery on something weighing less than 1000kg would be "interesting" as well, i think the back end would be rather "lively"