The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra V8

b_have

300bhp&ftlb torque, seems pretty poor? and that's on Thor's Dyno!:D

:lol:

Wonder what it really makes! If thats Thors dyno results it's pretty piss poor in *real* terms, I think they would have been better off with the Ford V8 they had in it to start with!

Disappointing power/torque output.
Why is it a disappointing power output? It's a standard 1UZ -- how much do you expect it to produce?

Mk3 Supra turbo, though the one Thor use will probably be from a JZZ30 1JZ-GTE Soarer as it has the extended shifter.
Thor's conversion was designed to use the MA70 'box. It's an adaptor plate between the 1UZ bellhousing and the R154.

Why is it a disappointing power output? It's a standard 1UZ -- how much do you expect it to produce?

Because they've spent a shit load of time and money to give the car less power and torque than it had to begin with.

IMO if you're going to go to that much trouble at least put a SBC in there. Apart from 'keeping it Toyota' I don't see the 1UZ as a good choice of V8.

Thor's conversion was designed to use the MA70 'box. It's an adaptor plate between the 1UZ bellhousing and the R154.

just Noticed on their site gareth the kit comes with a Shifter extension - would make r154 swaps a bit easier for the jza80 :)

Because they've spent a shit load of time and money to give the car less power and torque than it had to begin with. IMO if you're going to go to that much trouble at least put a SBC in there. Apart from 'keeping it Toyota' I don't see the 1UZ as a good choice of V8.
That's another issue :)

With virtually no off-the-shelf tuning parts for the 1UZ it always seemed to be a commercially pointless exercise, at least in this country. Plenty of people interested in the idea of a turbo'ed manual 1UZ.... until it comes to actually spending a couple of thousand on the manual conversion, and 1500 on the turbo manifolds (if you can find any), and sorting out the intake and intercooler piping, and plumbing the oil feeds/drains for the turbos, and making it all fit in the engine bay, and sorting out the engine management, and....

Yeah i remember following his build, but thought to myself, the original shifter relocator from the jzz31 r154 most be available from toyota? never got round to pricing though.

Did anyone ever actually hear of the Thor conversion being carried out on a car? a lot of pointless R&D (if they did any) if ya ask me lol

I still think it was cool, but they seem to have given up on it. They really need to take a lesson from Cowboy Bebop and set their sights a little higher - v8tt pushing >1000BHP...

Well, maybe that's a little silly, but you get the picture.

Maybe they were doing it just to see if/how it could be done. Fair enough its not as powerful but no doubt that wasnt the intention in the first place. I bet fitting a SC to it might be a worthwhile modification for the power hungry. It does sound lovely tho :)

Maybe they were doing it just to see if/how it could be done. Fair enough its not as powerful but no doubt that wasnt the intention in the first place. I bet fitting a SC to it might be a worthwhile modification for the power hungry. It does sound lovely tho :)

Or for those with deep pockets see how far you could take the N/A tuning.