The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Body shop price .

Matt _Aero top_

I'm going away on holiday the week begining monday the 24th sept so i thought with me not needing the sup for a week its the perfect time to get a few well needed bits tidying up in the body shop .

So this is what i'm having done :

1. Bonnet removed , dint filled and resprayed .

2. front bumper respraying

3. Tiny rust bubble removing from rear wheel arch .

4. Both rear wheel arches to be rolled and rear quarters sprayed if required .

5. fitting me a front wing . ( Already the correct colour )

6. while the the headlights are out hes fitting them back with my facelift ones .

All this for £600 ish , but i told him to go to a budget of £800 if he needs to do any more spraying ( thinking about it now he might scank that other 200 sheets off me for no reason )

Do you think this is a good price or shall i go get some more quotes ?

I'll make him take some before and after pics to post up in the club . :cool:

I dont think thats bad at all... iam thinking of going the whole hog and getting the complete car resprayed and had bugeted about 2-3k but this will be a proper job windows out door shuts ect...like the guys said you get what you pay 4, personally i would get that wing painted at the same time as paint dulls over time and it will look poo if it dosn't match the rest of the front end.

Guest Chumpalot
Indeed, that's a good price Matt. I paid £680 for a full bonnet respray in Black 202 and a mop and polish of the whole car! Good lot for your money there and fingers crossed it all goes well - which I'm sure it will ;)

:blink:

Did I just read that right? £680 for a full respray of the bonnet only and a mop?

Damn.

Get yourself over to my thread Greg, would welcome your thoughts.

:blink:

Did I just read that right? £680 for a full respray of the bonnet only and a mop?

Damn.

Get yourself over to my thread Greg, would welcome your thoughts.

As they say pay cheap you get cheap. Someone recommended PL Carbodies to me mate. They do most insurance work for BMW & Lotus, they brand themselves as Prestige Car Repairers. It came out looking like a full respray though, it really did and I was often commended on the bodywork condition of my car for a '93 plate. Well worth it. :)

What's this thread you're talking about?

EDIT: Oh, and that was a CASH job mate, so didn't touch the books!!