The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A vs TT

Golddigga

Another one of these I am afraid :rolleyes:

Does anybody have a really mint N/A that they have put money into instead of trading up to a twin t?

I am saving up for a TT - hopefully looking to next year - but my N/A is in really good condition and I am debating whether or not to keep in and plough in a few £k?

Would I just end up hating myself for not buying a TT?

looking for opinions instead of a competition of put downs between the N/A and TT owners on the forum :D

Im in the same boat.

I could pump 1k more into my N/a and it will be minto and have a nice setup... But it will still be an N/a!

Or

I could buy a TT which i dont really need but like most people they just want to be bigger and better!

Oh the joys of car ownership, you never win in the end!

well, funny you mention this i havent spent masses of money on my car (just got it running nice, got some wheels i like got the paint looking a bit better, nice stereo, decent exhaust, UK bonnet, blue dash conversion, refurbed headlights) now i have it looking like i want it dont want to change it although i do like the idea of TT so i think i am going to go for the TT conversion and have the best of both worlds

It depends what you can get for your car. Try advertising it and see how you go. If you see a nice TT at a dealer, talk about trade in. It's not just the engine that is different between the NA and TT, there's also the gear box and suspension to name but two. Late models also have the bigger brakes.

You could always go NA-T for around 200RWKW, but exactly how high would you want to go? If your interior and wheels are perfect, then take them with you and transplant into the new car. You might even find a TT in better condition than yours.

The longer you wait the cheaper TT prices will be, but conversion costs involve a lot of labor, so if anything will go up.

I've owned both and both cars were Autos and Black, the sz looked and sounded amazing.....but i really don't regret selling it and buying a TT (even though i lost £2k on it in 11 months!), it was a piss take when Subarus, M3's and modded 2.0 turbo corsas are coming past you, especially when the Supra looked like it should have been a Porsche eater, at the end of the day mate it's up to you and what you want out of the car, if you're happy with the SZ then why sell it for a lot less than you paid and take on the burden of a high perfrormance turbochaged car?:)

It really is the MOST bewildering prospect for a NA owner looking for more power to make.

NA-T

NA/TT lump

or just buy a TT

fook knows what the answer is.

It makes my head hurt just thinking about it.

ATM i'm looking at TT engine swaps BUT if the right car came around I would buy a 2nd Supra, being a aero TT.

The grass is always greener mate........

In the same way i'm sure some of the guys with auto TT's would like manuals.

I'm sure you could lose your license in an NA just as easily as a TT.....

..........just like there's nothing that bad about a TT auto except the fact it's not a manual and it probly has more pro's than con's.....

......still doesn't stop you thinking about a manual.:D

I'm sure once twin-plated up and hitting a nasty bit of bank hol traffic i'd be wishing i was back in an Auto.

It's tough though, i've been avoiding unecessary spending on my car for the last 2years now cos i've been thinking bout getting a manual/something different, at the same time i'm not prepared to give the car away just to go manual so it's starting to look like i'm stuck with it for a while yet.

At the moment I'm quit happy with my N/A.

I've got it looking nice but there's still a few area's I want to work on.

Obviously I would love a TT or a single but my car is my daily driver and I cover 500 miles a week so its not really worth thinking about.

If I wasn't doing so many miles and I had the cash I would probably sell my N/A and buy an EVO. (Please don't shout at me!!)

Thats all the differences ;)

The TT conversion includes a gearbox if you go to the right people, the suspension is down to personal preference from what i have read and the jpsec TT came with 2 + 1 pot calipres the same as the N/A (4 + 2 pots optional and so can be found as standard on n/a (like mine and LSD) and jspec tt. So dont discount the conversion :)

It depends what you can get for your car. Try advertising it and see how you go. If you see a nice TT at a dealer, talk about trade in. It's not just the engine that is different between the NA and TT, there's also the gear box and suspension to name but two. Late models also have the bigger brakes.

You could always go NA-T for around 200RWKW, but exactly how high would you want to go? If your interior and wheels are perfect, then take them with you and transplant into the new car. You might even find a TT in better condition than yours.

The longer you wait the cheaper TT prices will be, but conversion costs involve a lot of labor, so if anything will go up.

Guest Rookie

The advantage of the N/A's is there are alot of manual 1's around. I love my TT but do definately miss having a manual box. The auto can be a bit hit and miss when accelerating round bends as it has to kick down first before you get the power, but all is forgiven when the turbos kick in, puts a smile on your face everytime :D.