The mkiv Supra Owners Club

''Forte''

Ady

Just had the car mot'd today and she passed. my mot tester said that he put a bottle of ''forte'' in it to help her on the emmisions.

Has anyone used this before? It was 11 quid a bottle, so its not as cheap as red x or stuff like that.

I remember reading it helps with the pistons and things, but cant remember as there is 3 bottels one for diesle and one for petrol and one for something else.

Bit annoyed how it was used without being told, but she passed fine so i shudnt moan realy :)

Anyone know anything about it?

It's an oil additive on the same theme as Slick 50 that a lot of garages seem to throw in to boost profits.

Snake Oil if you already use a decent oil in the car.

http://www.forteuk.co.uk/Oil_treatment.htm

I would imagine it would have passed just fine without it, personally I'd take the car back and insist they change the oil and return it to the high quality oil already in there but without the crap.

If it needed help they should have failed it or spoken to you first.

It's an oil additive on the same theme as Slick 50 that a lot of garages seem to throw in to boost profits.

I would imagine it would have passed just fine without it, personally I'd take the car back and insist they change the oil and return it to the high quality oil already in there but without the crap.

Bastards!! yeah so on top of the mot i now have a nother 11 quid, for sod all - and - did they really use it in the first place????????

The oil is coming out - ive just ordered some fresh of GUY (thanks for that by the way) got 6L coming so its having a compleate change.

Dont know whats in there at the mo so im doing it for peace of mind, and deffo doing it now that ''forte'' is in there :blink:

Forte is superb, i have used it to get diesels through the emissions test that previously got laughed off the premises. A bottle of Forte in the fuel, a blat up the motorway at speed, and an easy pass. Done this at least a dozen times, with diesels, and cured many an injected petrol engine with bad idling with it, too. It's about the only additive the trade actually uses. I am talking FUEL additive here, i don't know if they do an OIl additive...

I thought Forte was just a brand name.

They do loadsa stuff, fuel additives which help clean your valves and what not, i recently tried their cooling system cleaner to try and flush residual oil from the cooling system a 911 i replaced a cracked cylinder head on. Worked a treat, having said that i did also send away the rads flushed also.

We used to chuck a can of the fuel additive on every service but that soon stopped with reducing of service costs and fixed menu pricing, blah, blah.

This stuff?

http://www.forteuk.co.uk/Gas_treatment.htm

I must admit I just presumed he was on about oil stuff as it's the only Forte product I've seen garages dishing out each time a car comes in, if it's a petrol additive then he doesn't really need to worry too much, expensive though.

Oh yes, using your link i just saw the cooling system flush they do also.

I suspect they made a couple of quid extra by chucking the fuel system additive in his tank/on the bill, but it. Won't do any harm tho, cat friendly and so on.

This stuff?

http://www.forteuk.co.uk/Gas_treatment.htm

I must admit I just presumed he was on about oil stuff as it's the only Forte product I've seen garages dishing out each time a car comes in, if it's a petrol additive then he doesn't really need to worry too much, expensive though.

Yes, and the diesel one, superb:

http://www.forteuk.co.uk/Diesel_fuel.htm

I have run the petrol one through the injector tester and it unblocked a very rare injector that the normal cleaning fluid wouldn't touch. The injector went on to live for a few seasons, winning a few races in the process :)

i was informed that they used the fuel treatment, as the emmissions were sky high on first time test.

They put half the bottle and tryed again but she failed, then the rest was put in and left to run for 10 mins.

They tryed again and she passed :)

• 2 months later...

I've used Forte years ago in the Calibra and it did feel like it worked. (feeling ain't measuring though!)

Not sure if it's in the same class as the STP total system cleaner (which freakin works), but the fuel additives that are NOT snake oil are very few and far between.