The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stupid question of the day....

Stratty

I had to take the car to my local vehicle standards dept the other day to get it registered and after leaving it with them for the day, they told me the car needed a few things done before they can register it.. :(

First of all, I neede to fit side repeaters to it as it doesnt have any. It means drilling into the wing but never mind. Easily sorted.

I also rigged up two of the brake lights to use as fog lamps but they didnt like the fact that I could switch them on and off as I pleased so have to change it so that they can only be switched on if the headlights are also on.

They didn't like the lights fitted in the rear bumper either, so I have just taken the bulbs out until I fit the rear spats and I will remove them then.

Anyway..... after all this.... he then says, your brake light doesnt come on all the time when you pull the handbrake up.

I thought ok.. maybe a faulty connection or something and then I tried it myself and got confused....

Which one is the brake light :confused:

There is a red light that comes on in the middle of the speedo/rev counter (cant remember which one) but there is also one that comes on in the panel of lights to the left of the speedo.

I dont know which one I am meant to be looking at.

Please enlighten me cos the electrician didn't know either...

you should get a warning triangle with a :Pling: in it i think, if i remember rightly it should be in the middle of you're speedo

Panel to left, triangle comes on with everything

i read that to mean which of the lights in the rear cluster should he be looking at? surely?

You have the facelift style side markers on your front bumper, why do you need to fit some more on the wings?

exactly what i was thinking

i read that to mean which of the lights in the rear cluster should he be looking at? surely?

and thats how i read it too

Unfortunately, the vehicle registration dept over here is different to the UK.

Side repeaters need to be visible through an angle of 5 degrees to 60 degrees when viewed from the rear of the car.

The ones of the front aren't visible at 5 degrees.

A load of hassle but I cant get it registered until they are done.. :(

Panel to left, triangle comes on with everything

Really confused now :confused:

I have two small panels on the dash to the left of the speedo and rev counter.

One of the symbols comes up when I put the hand-brake on.

It sort of looks like this ((O))

If ya know what I mean....