The mkiv Supra Owners Club

£150 to fit a boost controller?!

Matt H

When most main dealers charge around £100+vat an hr for labour, £50 an hr's pretty good for a private garage these days! :)

I suspect they're rounding up to 3hrs to make it worth there while. I reckon the lower the labour rate you'll find, the longer they'll probably quote to do the job.:sly:

Where is it being done/mapped?

How come CW took it off, wasnt it working?

At Hyper in Wigan.

I went to him after a week or two of ownership, not knowing anything about the supra or turbos for that matter. he said i didnt need it and recommended i took it off. so i was just like oh o.k at the time

im having the mapping done at the same time mind

Have they quoted you for the mapping? or is it the old piece of string length of time?

If your spending a few quid with them a lot of garages will be nice enough to come to some sort of "all-in" price compromise with the final bill, as long as they haven't under quoted themselves!:)

Have they quoted you for the mapping? or is it the old piece of string length of time?

If your spending a few quid with them a lot of garages will be nice enough to come to some sort of "all-in" price compromise with the final bill, as long as they haven't under quoted themselves!:)

yeah £250 for the mapping which i didnt think was that bad, just the cost to fit the controller, im sure it would only take an hour to do?

It all depends on what boost controller, and where you want it mounted. Anything from 1.5 - 3 hours would be acceptable IMHO.

It probably is possible to throw one in within an hour providing the controller was being mounted in a simple place, and the wiring was Scotch-locked in place, with no real care for pipe or cable routing.... ;)