The mkiv Supra Owners Club

nos! is it worth it...

D8MOA

ime prob running approx 400bhp currant modes are

-full bup with boost controller upping it to 1.2bar

-front mount intercooler with hard pipe

next stages for power increase would be hybrids-ecu- injectors etc but i dont fancy spending 2k atm!!

so would NOS be a good cheap way to get another 50-75bhp? i only want this increase to run quater mile at pod plus if i ever get any private road acvion V's other cars.;)

ive always been dubious about the stuff but there are alot of people using it so cant be that bad?

Can you get insured on NOS nowadays then?

poor mans turbo imo :)

possibly, just I thought (wait to be corrected on this) that NOS was legal on a road car, not legal to be used on the road, legal to be used on the track. So therefore if they find out that you were running NOS on the road and had an accident, insurance could be invalid....

It does make quite a difference, have a look at the times for Rays the roof in his N/A before the Nos 16 secs after the Nos 13.7. his was set up on a dyno though so fuelling was checked.

It doesn't last very long either (a couple of minutes for a 10lb bottle) and @ roughly £5 per lb it can add up quite quickly in cost.

If you just want a bit of a boost for the drag strip and it is set up right i don't see it as a problem especially as you aren't likely to be at the strip every week.

It does make quite a difference, have a look at the times for Rays the roof in his N/A before the Nos 16 secs after the Nos 13.7. his was set up on a dyno though so fuelling was checked.

It doesn't last very long either (a couple of minutes for a 10lb bottle) and @ roughly £5 per lb it can add up quite quickly in cost.

If you just want a bit of a boost for the drag strip and it is set up right i don't see it as a problem especially as you aren't likely to be at the strip every week.

Quite agree, if it is only for the strip, however how tempted would you be to flip the switch when you have a ferrari 430 just nudging away from you?? :eyebrows:

i know that adrian flux are the official insurers for wizard of nos kits and its legal to have it in ur car just dont be silly enough to admit to useing it on the rd as that is illegal but if u dont admit to it . . It cant be proven lol . A 12lb bottle is 50quid to fill on average and as to how long it lasts depends on the size jets ur running ;-)